18th Birthday (R)

Kyle POV

We take our seats and I know Emma wants to hear about me and the twins.  I look at her and shrug.

"We didn't go all the way or anything just played around a bit" I tell her.

"Well I'm glad one of us is getting something! I think I'll have to wait till college before I find anyone suitable" she moans

"You'll find yourself a great girl settle down in no time and have a house full of kids" I assure her.

"Oh, please now! Let me have some fun before the kids are added to my story?" she begs making us laugh.

Near the end of glass I start to feel excited but have no idea why.  I can smell the twins but it's not that close.  'I think it's Al thinking about last night or thinking about your Birthday tomorrow' Angelo tells me 

'Great I'm a walking hard on as it is! Now I have to deal with his feeling of excitement too' I groan

Angelo doesn't say anything more and I try and remember all the words to Rock On.

By the time lunch comes I'm ready to run to the lake.  

"You look a little pale Kyle" Emma worries

I wave to the twins as I spot them "I'm going to go for a run, I'll see you after lunch" I tell her.

She nods and rubs my shoulder before waving to the twins and walking down the hall.

"You don't look so well" Dom says 

"Let's go for a run to the lake?" I say 

"I'll catch up, I'm going to get us something for lunch" Al says turning towards the canteen.

I walk outside and then over the road to the treeline.  

"Are you going to shift?" Dom asks

I look around to check no-one heard him before shaking my head. 

"I just run as I am" I tell him

We start of jogging and then I pick up speed.

"Al has been getting all excited about last night or what is going to happen and its taking a lot out of me" I tell Dom as we run towards the lake.

"Will he be able to find us?" I add looking back

I skid to a stop when I see an enormous black wolf running towards us with his bag held in his mouth.

I look around again worried someone is going to see him.

"There is no-one about Kyle, we'd be able to smell them" Dom comforts me.

Al stops or his wolf stops in front of us and bends his head down before rubbing it against my chest.

I stroke his head and just stop myself from saying good boy.

Dom takes his bag from his mouth and we start to run again.  It isn't long before we are at the lake.  I look around as well as tilting me head trying to hear anyone.

"Ewe" I say as Al licks my face with his tongue.

"What's his wolf's name?" I ask stroking his head.

"Ceres" Dom and Al answer

"Nice to meet you Ceres, you are a very fine wolf, almost majestic" I tell him stroking behind his ears.

'Thank you, mate it is nice to finally meet you, your wolf was angelic to look at' Ceres replies in a deep voice.

I laugh a little in embarrassment "I'm sure I looked, liked I felt, a wet rag" I scoff remembering the pain of the shift.