15. I accidentally traspass in a flat I've never been to

I still did not understand why we could not simply take the brooms and fly, but Harriet insisted that it was a bad idea to fly with her within American airspace, at least for more than five minutes. Hence why we took the train to Portland, Maine. The train was okay, I won't complain about that. I sat next to the window in our compartment, Severus next to me and Harriet on the opposite side.

Severus seemed to be planning potions lessons for the next year. Time and time again he would point his wand at the parchment and the half finished word would vanish only for him to try to spell it correctly this time.

Harriet had her lime green quill in hand, fidgeting with it while looking out the window with a bored face.

"Nice quill, what bird is it from?"

Harriet jumped as if she had forgotten about me being there. She looked from her quill to me and back to the quill.

"It's not a feather." She held it up for me to observe. It was in fact not a feather that quill was made of.

"Echinodorus amazonicus, or Amazon sword, if that's easier," she told me. "Rather popular to have in your aquarium."

I starred at the leaf. Normally, if you pick a leaf from the plant, it starts to dry out and wither, but hers looked well hydrated and was shining in the light sipping in from the window. It made a beautiful quill.

"Where did you get it from?"

Instead of answering Harriet flipped the quill in the air like how you would flip a coin. Instead of a quill, tsunami landed in her hand, the bronze glowing faintly. I don't think you can blame me for starring. Harriet laughed at me.

"You should have seen your face there!" she said between the laughter.

I couldn't help but join her, Harriet's laugh is contagious. I don't think even Severus was immune to it, I could see the ghost of a smile in the corner of my eyes. Well, it could be Harriet's laugher, or my facial expression really did look funny, or a combination of both, that caused it.

We laughed together, Harri and I, for a good minute. In that moment everything was fine.
————————————————
I found myself in a huge flat of some sort that I didn't recognise. It was decorated in Greek style, and had a lot of book shelves. A small olive tree grew in a pot on the coffee table, and a larger one stood in a corner where the sun could reach it through the windows. I walked towards it. The olives were just ready to be picked.

"Yes, I'm quite found of the fruit. They work with very many dishes, and has other functions as well," a voice said behind me. "But of course, my opinion would probably be rather biased."

Behind me sat a woman I only recognised because her statue at Camp Half Blood actually did resemble her really well. Athena sat at a writing table where a war helmet laid, serving as a paper weight.

"Ath- mu- moth- mother..."

I kinda panicked. You would too if you were caught in someone else's flat uninvited, especially if said someone is an Olympian god or goddess. Though, I never intended to be trespassing in my mother's flat. I actually didn't even know how I ended up in my mother's flat. Anyway. I fell down on my knees and lowered my head in what I hoped was a respectful gesture.

"There is no need for that," I could almost hear her role her eyes. "Stand, my son."

I did as she said.

"Wha- why..." Yeah, I know. Wonderful conversation skills! But Athena seemed to get it.

"You asked for answers," she said. I think she tried to sound mild and gentle, but I could hear a hint of awkwardness in her voice. "I'm here to go give you some. To the best of my ability."

Her hair was pitch black and fell smoothly on her shoulders, not a hairstreak out of line. As opposed to Harriet's wild mane of a haircut that always looked like a fresh sea breeze had blew through it. I have always heard that I have inherited my father's eyes, but now I wondered if they wasn't really from my mum. They were like stormy grey clouds on the sky building up to an electric summer storm, unlike Lucius' that, although still grey, was a little blueish grey. She seemed to notice me observing her.

"I had wanted to meet up sooner," Athena smiled apologetically. "I always check in on my children regularly, but in your case I had to do so from a distance."

"You- b-but why?"

"Because the Gods and the wizards have a rather strained relationship," Athena explained. "Especially since Hecate was rejected as a queen. Any association with the wizards she would now take as a personal offense."

"But why go off and have a kid with one then?"

Athena smiled at me.

"Things are about to change. Soon, an association with wizards could turn out to be valuable. You, and the other wizarding demigods will come to play a huge part in that change."

Does that mean more missions that can cause or prevent wars? I still don't know what my mum meant with that.

"But before, you must help Harriet Potter find Poseidon's trident. Though I don't really like it, you two will need each other. She might be able to open your mind."

"Open my mind?"

"Your father has taught you a lot, but his controversial believes you're gonna have to let go of. It will be hard for you, but those old fashioned ways will not be sustainable. You're gonna need to be more open minded, because things are going to change drastically. We don't yet know if for the better or for the worse in the long run."

"I-if you don't agree with my father about- why...?"

Athena sighed and looked absentmindedly at her war helmet.

"When you meet someone under good circumstances, you first notice their good qualities. Lucius has a great mind, despite his harsh attitude."

"I don't understand..."

She looked up from the helmet and laid a hand on my shoulder.

"You will, eventually." She looked at at point somewhere behind me. "Now you need to leave."

"I... I don't know how I got here. Where should I go?"

"You're dreaming, Draco," she said. "You never left the train, but you need to wake up now."
————————————————
I woke as the train crackled. Something had hit the side. Or someone.