14. Sally Jackson

I had no idea who these Sally and Paul was, but Harriet was very eager to meet them. She ran up the stairs and skipped two steps at a time. She knocked on a door as me and Severus managed to catch up with her. A middle aged muggle opened the door and looked at us curiously. As his gaze landed on Harriet, he smiled.

"Oh, Harriet! How wonderful it is to see you! Come on in!"

He stepped aside to allow us in. Harriet said her greetings and moved to the kitchen where a woman was preparing a meal while chatting with a little girl around the age of six. The girl turned around and lighted up like a sun.

"Harri!! Mommy, mommy, Harri's here!"

The girl rounded the table and almost tackled Harriet to the ground with her hug.

"Oh! Hi, Stella! You've grown so big! Uh, big and heavy! Have your parents been feeding you too much vegetables?"

Harriet hugged the girl back and placed a kiss on the top of her head. When she let go, the woman greeted her with a hug as well. It was the same kind of hug I've seen kids receiving from their mothers at platform 9 3/4 at the end of my first year. The girl ran over to where I stood and offered me her hand to shake.

"Hello! I'm Estelle Blowfish, what's your name?"

I took her hand.

"Malfoy, Draco Malfoy. Blowfish, was it?"

Estelle beamed.

"It's actually Blofis, but Blowfish is funnier."

I had to agree with her.

"Are you Harri's boyfriend?"

I am sure I almost died of embarrassment right there.

"Eh... no. We're classmates. Why? Does she talk about me?"

Estelle made a face that indicated that she was thinking.

"Hm. Nope! She doesn't. You have a funny accent."

Her statement didn't sting at all, don't look at me like that!

"Well I'm British."

She looked at me funny, as if trying to figure something out.

"But Harri lives in Britain and she doesn't have an accent."

"Yes, she does. You simply don't notice because it is the same as yours."

I don't know if I was perhaps a bit harsh, or something, but Estelle moved on to greet Severus with a hug. Which he answered by a little awkwardly patting her on the head. The man who answered the door joined us.

"I don't think I got to properly introduce myself at the door," he said and offered me his hand. "I'm Paul Blofis, Percy's stepdad, and, well, kind of Harri's as well. Pleasure to meet you."

"Draco Malfoy," I said. "Harriet's classmate."

"Yes, I understood that you three had been assigned to a quest?"

"We are to find Poseidon's stolen trident," I confirmed.

"Now, that doesn't sound like an easy job," Paul said. "I wish you all my luck. Not that it would make much difference that I know of, but still."

"Thank you." I nodded.

We were then approached by the woman who had been talking with Harriet until now.

"Hi, I'm Sally Jackson, nice to meet you." She smiled at me and we shook hands.

"Now I got that you were on a quest, but would you like to stay for brunch? If you got time, of course!"