5 I find the camp and get knocked unconscious

Snape, Potter and the third one who I guessed was Annabeth got up and headed to the exit. I didn't have time to process what my mum just told me. I got up and followed them to another shop where a fireplace stood ready to be used. I was lucky you had to yell out loud where you wanted to go. I followed them to the Ministry of Magic, and from there, I followed them through the international floo network to the Magical Congress of The United States of America, located in NYC.

It was not easy to follow them without getting spotted but I somehow managed. I don't remember how.

Outside the building I expected to see them enlarge their brooms or something, but instead, the probably-Annabeth threw a golden coin that did not look like a galleon on the street. She said something I could not hear and what looked like a taxi made of smoke appeared. I quickly grabbed my broom out of my pocket. If they were going to take a taxi to their destination the broom was my only chance of keeping up with them. I enlarged it back to normal size and sat up.

Whoever drove that car was crazy. They drove through parks, construction sites, you name it, they drove through it. Like, seriously, did the driver only have one eye and shared it with two others who said it was their turn?! They eventually got on the motorway, or highway, I think they call it here in America. We left Manhattan behind us and drove (or flew, in my case) across an island. The taxi stopped at a hill with a tall pine tree on the top. On the other side of the hill was a valley with strawberry fields, a big house, smaller cottages, a lake, what looked like an arena, a small forest, and a lot of young kids running around doing various activities. A summer camp. That must be the place Potter mentioned during potions class before the contents of my cauldron exploded, and that she and Snape talked about going to.

Speaking of, looking down on the smoke taxi, I saw Harriet get out with her broom back to full size. She waisted no time aiming at the sky. She flew right towards me!

"Who are you, and why have you been- MALFOY?! What in Hades are you doing here?! Have you been following us all the way from Hogwarts?!"

She slowed down when we came face to face with each other.

"Um, yeah? You were up to something, and when that happens it usually involves going around trying to break your record of rule breaking, Potter!"

"And why would that be any of your business anyway?! Besides, I had permission to leave school grounds. The one here who's breaking rules right now, is you!"

"Well, I had no choice, Potter! Someone has to keep an eye on you!"

"You've seen that there's already people here with me! It was you who came here unsupervised. You're just making up excuses!"

I didn't know to best respond to that.

"Well, considering you've done stuff before that directly effected me-"

"When have I done anything that directly effected you?!"

"Every time you've done something oh, so heroic, I've had to listen to everyone talking about it! It's just Harriet Potter this, and Harriet Potter that! And it drives me insane!"

"Wow! Now that just sounds like pettiness and jealousy, and none of those are my problem, or my fault!"

"You know what?-"

Yeah we could probably have been going on forever. Potter and I are usually on each other's throats, but this type of fight, which was more like a contest about who screamed the loudest, was new. I don't think I had ever seen Potter get angry with me. Annoyed, frustrated, and irritated, sure all the time. But not full out angry. As for me? I actually found it funny to mock Potter. Trying to get a reaction. Negative attention was better than her just ignoring me or forgetting that I exist.

Maybe it was for the best that Severus interrupted us.

"Both of you! Stop fighting and get back down on the ground! Now!"

I was confused at first but Potter seemed to have spotted something behind me. Her eyes widened before she dived down in a hurry. Turning around I first thought she got scared of some bats. Then I realised that bats are not flying during daytime, and those were too big to be bats. As they got closer I also realised that their wings was the only think with them that could resemble a bat. These creatures looked like nothing I've ever seen. And I did not mean that in a good way.

I heard Snape scream at me that if I valued my life I needed to get down to the ground NOW!!! The Probably-Annabeth screamed something about someone named Alecto. Even the creatures screamed as I was frozen in fear.

"Kill that sea spawn!!!"

The creatures, I realised, was not aiming for me. They aimed at the ground where Probably-Annabeth, Snape and Potter stood. The smoke taxi was now gone.

They flew right past me, except one almost collided with me, making me lose balance on my broom. On the ground Annabeth dragged a white sword that had been attached to her belt. Snape had a black one hidden beneath his robes. Potter for some reason though it was a good idea to fight off those unwelcome guests with a green quill.

I noticed all this as I fell straight against the hill with the pine tree. That was probably the worst crashing I've ever had. I landed on my side and it felt like every bone in my body cracked and broke into a million pieces each. I rolled limply downhill towards the buildings in the valley. I probably looked ridiculous. I heard voices all around me. All of them spoke with an American accent.

"Who is that?"

"Did he just fall from the sky?!"

"Is that a broomstick?"

"Was he flying that thing?"

"Don't be stupid. Only Harriet flies on broomsticks."

"Um maybe we should help him?"

A few kids seemed to realise that I might actually be in need of some help and rushed over to me.

"We'll need to alert Will. This guy seems to have broken some bones. Someone, run ahead. The rest, help me take him to the infirmary."

One of the kids bent down to grab my arms and another one lifted my legs. As they touched me I understood that I had indeed broken several bones in the crash. The pain exploded in me and the world turned black.