19. We take advice from a dead wizard and blackmail a diamon

We were shown into a Victorian villa that I assumed was Regulus' own residence to sit down.

"Well, how come you've ended up here in Elysium? Not that I mind having guests over, of course! But most of the new residents don't arrive through Hades' back door." Regulus looked at each one of us. "And it's not every day that said residents are fellow wizards, and witch, of course!" He added and smiled at Harriet.

She frowned in confusion.

"Um, Mr. Black-"

"Reggie."

"Eh, Reggie," Harriet started over. "How could you know we were..."

"His clothes sorta gave it away." Regulus pointed at Severus' characteristic black robes." Though, it could have meant that muggles was renewing the medieval nobility fashion, but I found that highly unlikely."

"Oh, okay."

Muggles, not no-majs, it occurred to me now that Regulus didn't speak with an American accent like Harriet or Nico.

"You're British."

That earned me a smile.

"What gave it away? Was it the accent?" He smirked. "Yes, I'm British, was actually one year below Snivellus Snape here."

Me and Harriet gave Severus a funny look.

"Snivellus?" Harri could barely contain her laughter. Severus glared at us.

"Yeah, my dear half brother and his housemates always referred to him as that." Regulus giggled at the memory. "But you guys still haven't answered my question as to how you came here. Why don't you start with your names?"

"Of course! Sorry. I'm Harriet Potter."

"Oh! I knew a Potter once! James Potter. Was a chaser back in the day. I think he married that smarty neighbor of mine, Lily Potter, née Evans. Possible relatives of your?"

"They're actually my parents."

Regulus raised a eyebrow.

"Hm? By your accent, girl, I thought you were American."

"I know, I hear that a lot."

"Hm, well, now when you say it, she has mentioned a daughter. And I can see the resemblance of your dad. And you two?" Regulus looked at me and Nico.

"Nico di Angelo."

"Hades' demigod son? So that's why you looked familiar... oh, well! And you?"

"Draco Malfoy."

Regulus snapped his fingers and jumped up from his hammock chair.

"Ha! I knew that white hair looked familiar! You're Lucius Malfoy's spawn!"

Who knew it would be so awkward to have someone jump around the room out of happiness for recognising your hair colour. Thankfully he calmed down rather quickly.

"Now as to why you are here." He gave us an encouraging smile while he sat down again.

Harriet spoke up.

"Poseidon sent us to find his stolen trident. We were following a trace, but we ran into some obstacles on the way and ended up in Hades' castle. He told us to leave through his back door."

"Hm... so you're not dead, then?"

"Not yet."

Regulus put on a thinking face.

"And I heard you say something about the late telling you where to go now? Something about a prophecy?"

I cleared my throat.

"Um, yeah, the prophecy about our quest; you shall start your journey travelling north,
After a bypath the late will tell where to go forth.
The stolen article will be returned after a fatal fight.
The sea spawn shall bleed and victory shall be received,
To the son of wisdom's delight"

Regulus thought it over for a minute.

"You don't know anything about who stole the trident, do you?"

I shared a look with Harriet and Severus.

"No, we don't."

"Because if you will archive victory by making a sea spawn bleed,"

"Then it sounds like the thief is one of Poseidon's own kids!" Harriet finished. She suddenly looked devastated. "But- but- he wouldn't, he would never."

"Who would never?"

"Percy! He would never steal from anyone, and especially not from his dad!" Harriet exclaimed.

I was surprised at how quickly she was ready to defend her brother like that. But on the other side, I had only known I had siblings for two days now. I didn't have much experience about it.

Regulus cleared his throat.

"No, I don't think he would either, though I've only heard stories about him. But Poseidon has other kids apart from his demigod kids, right?"

"Yes, he has immortal kids as well..."

"So, if one of those immortal kids would want to hide, where would you find them?" Regulus asked and dived deep into his thoughts, Harriet looked like she already knew the answer.

"Sev, was one of those hurricanes by any chance anywhere above the Bermuda Triangle? The south east one?"

"If I remember it correctly yes."

"Why?" I asked because suddenly, everyone seemed to know what's going on except me, again.

Harriet turned to me.

"I think we need to pay a visit to the Sea of Monsters."

And before I knew it, we had said goodbye to Regulus Black, left Elysium, and was running across the fields of Asphodel.

"Wait! What's going on?!"

Severus answered me.

"I can get Charon to let us over the River Styx. We will get back to the mortal world through DOA Recording Studios in LA. We'll take a boat to the Bermuda Triangle tomorrow."

"Um, okay, why are we running?"

"According to the timetable, Charon will arrive in just a few minutes, we want to catch up with him before he rows back." Nico explained quickly.

"There's a timetable over when people die?"

Nico snorted.

"No. The timetable is over when Charon transport the dead over Styx. It became apparent two or three years ago that one was needed, otherwise he would only row his boat when he felt like it."

"Um, okay."

It was around now that I accepted the fact that I wouldn't understand half of everything happening related to this quest. I might ask Annabeth or Peter to teach me more about Greek mythology when we got back to camp.

Severus actually managed to to persuade (read "blackmail") Charon the give us a ride back to the mortal world. He apparently knew that Charon had been thumbing on his time schedule, something Hades might be interested to hear about.

I boarded the boat after Severus, but as Harriet was about to follow, Nico stopped her.

"Take my sword with you."

"But-"

Nico smiled at her.

"I can get it back once you get a new weapon, but Percy would kill me if I let you continue your quest unarmed." He winked at her and handed over his black sword.

Outside of DOA recording studios, Severus got us a cab and told the chauffeur to take us to San Francisco. He would pay him double if we could get there in less that four hours.

"San Francisco?" I asked Harriet.

She smiled.

"We'll spend the night at Camp Jupiter."