3 I sneek out and take the broom to king's cross

I finally got released after three hours of scrubbing dirty cauldrons. My hands were sore and I never wanted to see another cauldron in my life. Even though Professor Snape's face no longer showed any trace of my failed potion, (what potion could he possibly have used to remove those red marks?!) he was obviously still annoyed with me.

During the time I spent scrubbing, my thoughts ran wild. I thought about the conversation between Potter and Professor Snape. They were obviously planning on something together. Something they were going to do in New York, USA. It had something to do with Harriet's father, James Potter, who was supposed to be dead, but apparently needed help. And if he didn't receive the help from his daughter, "Zeus" would apparently go ballistic over something.

Was "Zeus" the same one as the King of gods I read about earlier? Potter and her friends had said something about the Ancient Greece and gods during our potions class.

As I walked down the hallway to the entry wall to the Slytherin common room I tried to make sense of it, or at least make something similar to sense of it. Unless "dad", "Zeus", and "gods" was code for something else, it sounded like James Potter needed help with something in New York, USA and if his problem wasn't solved around two weeks from now, an Ancient Greek god would most likely cause a lot of damage. What had happened to the older Potter that got him involved with those gods' affairs? Maybe he cheated death and that's why he was alive. I could imagine a bunch of powerful gods being angry with someone for going against their way of order.

One thing was clear, at least in my mind. Harriet Potter was of to play Hero for the third time. Fourth, if you count the time when she was fifteen months old and survived the Dark Lord's attempted murder. I didn't like the thought of that. Whenever Harriet did something stupidly heroic, people would talk about it none stop for months! I wanted to know exactly what was going on, and was going to find out.

My mom tells me very often that some things should be left untouched, and some mysteries should remain unsolved, because you probably don't want to find out why the answer was hidden.

I remembered those words of wisdom that fateful evening. What do people say? Curiosity killed the cat.

I decided I was going to follow Professor Snape and Potter when they left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at the ungodly hour of 04:00. Professor Snape had told Potter they would leave at five and I wanted time to sneak into the kitchen and at least grab a sandwich for breakfast. After making my bed I left the dormitory with only the clothes on my body, wand in pocket and the Nimbus 2001 in my hand.

With the sandwich in hand I positioned myself hidden in some bushes near the end of Hogwarts ground. Here I would see if anyone left the building through the front door, or when they passed through on the way to Hogsmead.

I was quite positive that it had taken me less than an hour to get here from the dorm, but my sense of time is not to be trusted. I checked my wrist and cursed as I realised I had forgot to put on my wristwatch, it was left in my dormitory and now it was too late to go back and get it without risking missing Potter and Snape. All I could do was wait for them, and I hate waiting when I have no measurements of time.

While sitting there hidden in the bushes I tried to stay focused, but that has never been a straight of mine. If nothing happens, then a stone, the grass, even a tiny ant on a leaf suddenly becomes interesting, you get the idea. I almost missed the voices getting closer.

"You sure you got everything? This is the last chance to go back and get it. We'll not turn around once we mounted our brooms."

"I haven't forgotten anything. I've double checked, triple checked, and even had Hermione check the packing list and trunk twice. If I have managed to forget anything I'll volunteer to babysit Chuck Hedge the next time Mellie has extra work."

"Don't make an oath of that. You'll be doomed if you've left something behind."

"I didn't leave anything behind."

"Good. Now let's leave."

They mounted their brooms and flew off south. I almost tripped over as I hurried to grab my own broom to follow them. Potter's broom, her nimbus 2000 was one of the fastest models, but she didn't fly at full speed since Professor Snape's cleansweep eleven wasn't quite as fast. This made in easy to catch up since my broom was faster than both of theirs. It was instead hard to stay far enough behind for them not to notice me should they look around. I soon figured out that it was easier to stay hidden by flying lower than they were.

This went on for hours. Potter and Snape had brought food with them for the journey. They ate a fruit each on the way and around midday they landed on a hill to eat lunch. From what I could see it was a very simple lunch, cheese sandwich, tuna sandwich, chicken sandwich, well some kind of sandwich. I didn't think of that and could only watch them eat while my stomach growled.

It was a weird sight. If a stranger would walk by, they would see maybe an uncle and niece chatting at a picnic. But anyone who knew both those two would wonder why, and how, those two people suddenly got along. They willingly talked to one another without making a face. I could have sworn Potter even smiled at one point.

After the lunch break the flying continued for another two hours or so. Professor Snape dived down when we had reached what I assumed was London and Potter followed close behind. They landed at a familiar muggle train station. What were they gonna do at King's cross?