Kabanata 30

Kabanata 30

"Tell me that you already told my brother about the rejection."

Nag-angat ako ng tingin sa harapan ko upang salubungin ang tingin ni Jessica. I held the glass of water and took a sip from it before shaking my head.

I tried to tell him. I don't want him to waste his time on a woman like me in which I can't return the love that he gave to me. All I could offer is friendship but I don't know how should I tell him that without him misunderstanding it again.

I rejected him back in Los Angeles pero hindi niya iyon sineryoso at ngayon ay nagpunta pa siya dito sa Pilipinas para lang ligawan ako. I don't approve of his courtship that's why I needed to reject him once more.

I am adamant on telling him my thoughts and feelings. I am so determined but my mind became a chaos when I saw Nathan who is walking away.

"Thalia?"

I closed my eyes for a bit before I told her, "no." And then I continued eating my Caesar salad.

"What do you mean no?" nakakunot niyang tanong. "I thought, you'll end it na? I thought, you'll make him understand?"

I sighed. "I thought so too but it turns out that it is kind of hard."

She rolled her eyes. "Said by the woman who rejected lots of men in our school, even the most popular one."

"They're not Jayson."

"I know but, it will just complicate things if he continues to believe that you'll be able to reciprocate his feelings when in fact, you can't because up until now you are still in love with the man who gave you your first heartbreak."

"It's just..." wika ko na siyang hindi na nadudugtungan pa ang nais sabihin. Tumango naman siya na parang naiintindihan niya ang nais kong iparating.

"You are my friend kaya naiintindihan kita and I want to help you as much as I can, however Jayson is also my brother. As much as I don't want him to be hurt, it cannot be avoided kaya sana ay sabihin mo na agad sa pinakamadaling panahon para hindi na siya mas masaktan pa."

I nodded at her remark and I am about to open my mouth to say something but I freeze on my seat when my eyes caught something.

What are they doing here in Casa Soriano?

Hinila ni Nathan ang upuan bago pa makaupo si Mikayla and then he sat in front of her. Hindi ko matanggal ang mga mata ko sa gawi nila at buti na rin lang ay hindi naman napapadpad ang kanilang tingin sa akin.

Jessica knitted her eyebrows before she followed where my eyes are locked. She turned to me and nodded her head.

"That woman must be Mikayla, right?"

I looked at her after she said those words.

"Well, maganda naman talaga si architect. Not to mention that she really has a nice body," she added, grinning at me more.

I let out a sigh before I continue eating.

"They seems a good pair. A hot and mature-looking engineer and a gorgeous and seductive architect. Perfect! What do you think, Thalia?"

"Look. I don't care about them. And if they are made for each other then be it."

"Really?" she asked with her amused tone.

"Really," I said with conviction and then she smiled at me, a mischievous one.

I know that smile. It can never be trusted. Alam kong may iniisip o plinaplano ang babaeng ito. I hope that I have nothing to do with it. I know it's impossible but I am still hoping.