Kabanata 39

Kabanata 39

Trust. It is just a one simple word yet it can be easily shattered by one bad move. Ever since then, me being able to trust the people I value always bring me to the border of abyss. They crushed me alive, only thinking what they desire. Yet, how about mine?

Palagi na lang bang ganito?

Palagi na lang ba akong sasaktan ng mga taong lubos kong ipinagkaloob ang tiwala ko?

I entrusted my parents with my life but what did they do? They arranged me to someone wealthy and powerful for the sake of our business.

I entrusted Nathan with my heart but he chose to break it by keeping the truth from me, justifying that he is just afraid to lose me, without thinking that what he did break me more.

I gave Jayson that same trust for I thought he is my friend, but I regretted it now.

Maybe the problem is on me. I trust easily. I let them deceive me. Siguro nga ay kasalanan ko talaga. Kung sana nakinig na lang ako. Kung sana hindi ko ibinigay ang tiwala ko ay hindi mangyayari sa akin ito.

It is just, it never came to my mind that the one who have saved me from being molested before is the one who will try to do the same thing to me this time. And it hurts like hell because I consider him as my friend yet he can do such inhumane act.

Nathan filed a case against him in which he immediately admitted. He keeps shouting my name, asking for my forgiveness as the police officers escorted him towards the car. I never did laid my eyes on him. I couldn't even afford to look at him. It disgusts me every damn time that I remember it.

Jessica reached out to me couple of times but I always refused to talk to her. I am afraid that she will just ask for me to condone his brother. It will hurt me more if it will be her sole reason for calling to me.

I looked at the door as someone knocks and there it shows, Mikayla who is sashaying her way towards me. With her impassive face, she sat on the chair in front of my desk.

"I believe that we don't have a scheduled meeting right now," wika ko gamit ang pagod kong boses.

"I did not came here for the project, Miss Soriano," she said, then her face softens.

Seriously? What's up with her?

I have no time for another drama. I am tired. Dead tired. I don't want to deal with her or with anybody else.

"How are you?"

Napa-angat ako ng tingin at diretso kong ibinigay iyon sa kanya.

"I heard what happened."

"Don't act as if you care, Miss Lassen."

"Look. I may have not like you but I am not that bad for me to be happy at the bad experiences of others. Babae rin ako at ayokong mangyari iyon sa kahit kanino, kahit pa sa'yo."

"Kahit na kasalanan ko ang pagkamatay ni señor Dante?" I asked, without breaking my gaze from her. "Don't you think that it is my karma for that?"

She firmly shook her head and put her hand above mine. "I'm sorry if I blamed you for that. Tito Dante is so dear to me that it hurts for him to leave this world too soon. I witnessed how wrecked Nathan was when you left up until when his father died. I love him so much that I couldn't bear to see him like that and I hated you for making him lose himself, only for the sake of love."

Kahit na nahihirapan ay pinilit kong tumango sa mga sinabi niya.

Naiintindihan ko.

Maybe, I am really the cause of all of this mess. Now, this is the time for me to fix all of this.