『21』 In love!

As I walked from the changing rooms towards the gates of U.A. after saying goodbye to my classmates, I was happy I was dry and normally clothed again. A sigh left my lips as I took out my phone. Let's see if I have any texts from someone from the League. As I thought about possibly having a text from Dabi, my chest tightened for some reason. Why did I feel this way?

When I saw I actually had a text and then saw it was actually from Dabi my heart skipped a beat. I stared at the screen for several seconds, blinking to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. What'd he want though?

From: Master Patchwork Pillow

To: You

Subject: !

Call me when you finish there.

He wants me to call him? I wonder why.

With curiosity I dialed his number as I felt myself getting a little nervous. I put my phone to my ear as I carefully listened to the dialing sound until I heard a little crack at the other end of the line. "(Y/N)?" The familiar voice of Dabi spoke.

"Yes." I answered as my heart fluttered. Stop that, heart! "Our time at the pool is up now. Why'd you want me to call you?"

"You're completely done there?"

"Yes." I hesitantly replied.

He paused for a moment before speaking. "Come home then." His deep and husky voice commanded. It was almost as if he whispered in my ear again like earlier today and goosebumps formed on my skin. For a moment I imagined feeling his hot breath against my nape again. I took a deep breath as blood rushed to my face. My mind clouded and the only answer I could utter was a breathy "Okay."

"Good." He spoke in the same tone, having the same effect on me as before. After I took in a shaky breath again, I answered. "'kay, see you in a bit."

He hummed into the speaker. "Don't take too long." With those words he hung up.

Wow, this day was really something. First Dabi was acting... the way he did. Then I was told Katsuki likes likes me and now it's Dabi again. Are the both of them taking turns on messing with me?

"Oi, (Y/N)!" I was startled as I heard the familiar voice and somewhat aggressive stomps of Katsuki approaching. Oh jeez, I jinxed it...

I turned around as I put away my phone. "What is it?" I asked, secretly hoping I could escape the situation as soon as possible. I was in a rush to get home and moreover, I wasn't sure how to act now that I knew he liked me...

Hold up- I'm a spy, an actress if you will. Why the hell would I not know how to act?! Also... I can't forget that it's the (Y/N) I pretended to be he likes. Not the real me!

"I'm getting some coffee. Wanna come?" He simply asked as he did a pretty good job with hiding his nervousness.

"Oh, I-" I felt bad turning him down, but-... I had to get home! I can't let him get closer to me. It would only make it worse for him later on. "Sorry, I need to go home." I bowed slightly with an apologetic smile as I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Why? It's still afternoon and it's summer break. What would there be that you need to do?"

I turned my face away, thinking back to the phone call making my face get warmer. "I'm just not feeling well..." I mumbled a cheap excuse. Crap, he would never believe that! "See! My face is all warm. I might have a fever." Who knew that me blushing from thinking about the call would come in handy like this?

Bakugo seemed startled for a moment, then returned to his usual demeanor. "Idiot! You can't go running around with a fever!" He loudly scolded me. "And right before the training camp too." The blonde scowled.

"Yeah, I should go home and rest, so the fever will be gone in time." I agreed, unbothered by his aggressive lecture.

"Then let's go! I'll bring you home! Can't have you running around alone when you're sick."

I internally froze in shock, not only because Katsuki was strangely considerate. No, no, no! I absolutely can't just lead him to the hideout like that, but who would let an allegedly sick person go by themselves!? How do I decline reasonably?

On the outside, I kept calm though as I responded. "It's fine, don't bother. I just got a call someone from my family is here to pick me up." That was believable enough, right? "They're waiting for me down the road, so I'll get going now. See ya!" With those words, I rushed off, not giving the boy another chance to speak.

When I was out of sight and at a good distance, I peeked over my shoulder to make sure he wasn't following me and, seeing that he wasn't, slowed down. I took a second to catch my breath. Not like I was super exhausted in the first place though since the training with Dabi had built up my stamina significantly.

Hm..., I wonder if Dabi is fine though. Why would he want me to come home so suddenly? Hopefully nothing bad happened!

...hold up-

And there we have it again! He creeps up on my mind at any possible occasion! Arrgghh, why am I like this?! Why do I keep thinking about him!?

While walking again, I threw my head back as my hands clasped my temples in frustration. "Aarrgghh!"

Wait, hold on a sec. Mina said-

"𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕔𝕒𝕟'𝕥 𝕘𝕖𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕞 𝕠𝕗𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕕. 𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕜 𝕒𝕓𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖."

Oh, no- And Kiri said-

"𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕠𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕜 𝕒𝕓𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕨𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕠 𝕓𝕖 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕞. ℙ𝕙𝕪𝕤𝕚𝕔𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕪 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕖𝕞𝕠𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕪."

Haven't I been going crazy all day thinking about his touch!?'

"𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕔𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕒𝕓𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕞 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕨𝕒𝕟𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕞 𝕥𝕠 𝕓𝕖 𝕨𝕖𝕝𝕝 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕡𝕪."

Wasn't I just worried about why he called me?!

"𝕀𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕒𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕞 𝕔𝕒𝕟 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕟𝕖𝕣𝕧𝕠𝕦𝕤. 𝕐𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕥𝕖 𝕘𝕠𝕖𝕤 𝕦𝕡 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕪𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 𝕙𝕪𝕡𝕖𝕣𝕒𝕨𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕒𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤."

Gosh, I was even able to lie about being sick with how much this one is true...

Well, shit. There's no use denying it now...

...I think...I'm in love with Dabi...

As this realization hit me, I found myself having arrived at the door to the hideout. I just stood there, staring at it for several moments, taking a deep breath before entering.

[Hi guys, hope you enjoyed. (˙꒳​˙)

How are you guys doing? Probably trying to catch up on the assignments like me lol. Ganbatte! がんばって!

This chapter is actually kind of a birthday present for two people, so happy birthday Eri-sann and especially happy birthday to one of my very best friends PotatoesKartoffeln >3< (•ิv•ิ)

Stay safe, everyone. Jaa ne.じゃあね!]