『8』 Settling in

"Toga!! Where have you been?! I was so worried!" I lectured the blond girl when I finally reached her again.

"Sorry..." she stuck out her tongue playfully. "There was some cute guy that was bleeding, and I just ran up to him without thinking. I couldn't help myself."

Oh? Did she want to help him? I thought we were supposed to be villains though...?

I noticed Toga looked really excited about something as I wondered what exactly that was, until she pulled out a bloodied knife and a syringe filled with a red liquid. What? Did she take blood from that guy?!

"Is that that guy's blood!?"

"Yeah~" she cooed. "Didn't I tell you about my quirk yet? When I consume a person's blood, I transform into them for a short amount of time. The more blood I drink the longer I can transform, so some extra in store here and there is always good." Toga answered cheerfully. "And he was even cuter when bleeding anyways!"

"Oh, okay." I accepted her answer, not wanting to ask further questions. She may be more villain-like that I first assumed...

"Who were the people you were talking to a second ago?" She asked interested.

"Oh! No one! Just some random strangers. I asked if they had seen you." I lied nervously. I was hesitant about telling the villains I'm related to All Might. I'll have to think about if it's a good idea or not...

Luckily Toga seemed to buy it and didn't ask further as we made our way back to the hideout. When we arrived they all seemed really excited again.

"What are you guys all so happy about?" I questioned.

"Well...I will be having my bed for myself tonight." Dabi said with a grin.

What!? First of all, that sounded really wrong and embarrassing. Second of all, I don't know how to interpret this! Where am I staying now? Or...are they kicking me out?!

"I'm seeing that worried look on your face." Twice chuckled. "Don't worry. We have a surprise for you!"

"For me?" I repeated surprised.

But instead of an answer, I was just dragged upstairs as we stopped in front of a door.

"Wait, that's my room." Toga pointed out confused.

"Certainly not anymore!" Spinner laughed.

Huh? Did they steal Toga's room for me?! They can't do that!!

"I hope you two are fine with sharing the room." Kurogiri then cleared my confusion. I made eye contact with my blond friend. Her golden eyes glistened as a wide grin rose over her face, which I mirrored. This is perfect!

We opened the door and stepped inside. The room was really tidy and there were two parallel aligned beds on either side of the room. There was a nice fluffy carpet and curtains, that made the daylight coming through the big window feel warm and safe. In the corner was a huge closet and there also were some bookshelves and stuff. We also had a huge bathroom for ourselves. Amazing! I instantly felt at home.

I'm actually really glad I'm sharing a room with her, since I didn't have much social contact in years. I hope I'm not being too awkward though...

After I was done staring at the room in awe and walking through it inspecting all the stuff, I turned to the league. "Thank you guys so much! How did you do this so quickly?!"

"That was the least we could do, dear (Y/N). Hopefully you two will get along. It only took a quick visit to the furniture store with a portal and some of my orbs here and there. We only needed to arrange the new furniture and done" Mr. Compress explained.

Oh, well. For villains they're so nice! They put in the hard work for me.

"But let's go downstairs now. The food will get cold." Kurogiri gestured towards the staircase.

Oh, right. We bought food! I noticed I stared drooling and wiped it away with my sleeve as I sprinted to the bar. Foooood!

We all sat down, ate and chatted with each other. And that is how we ended that day.

         ――――    ❈    ――――         

Bullets of sweat ran down my forehead and dropped to the ground. I was panting heavily as my chest was rising and falling.

Across from me stood Dabi, who I was training with. Some proper training really was necessary if I wanted to be an active member of the league. I was a fast learner on the theory part, but I had a hard time on the fighting techniques sometimes. Though I was already way stronger than before, probably due to my health condition.

I mean, my quirk works with oxygen and if I remember that bad, smoky, stinky air I used to live in, my gag reflex is almost kicking in.

I had combat training lessons with Toga to train my body and I had quirk training lessons with Dabi to train my quirk and figure out ways to use it. We managed to keep that training schedule up for some time now.

I became stronger and also, I got used to my new life and new people here. It was really different from my life with my dad. Constant housework, keeping up with Dad's attitude and demands, while still trying to squeeze in the time to teach myself everything on the average school's curriculum.

But here, most of the housework was done by someone else for me and the only one who had an attitude sometimes was Shigaraki. Other than teaching myself by bingeing schoolbooks, someone else was teaching me now and could actively help me improve. It was awesome!

        ――――    ❈    ――――        

"Why are we supposed to gather in the bar again?" I slightly leaned over to Dabi on the bar stool next to the one I was sitting on.

"Shigaraki probably wants to announce something." He shrugged and continued focusing his attention on his drink.

Finally, I noticed Shigaraki entering the bar. "Okay, guys. We're here to plan our next mission."

The noisy bar suddenly fell silent at his words, because everyone was now listening carefully. We knew only one stupid little mistake could always ruin the whole mission, so that's why everyone was paying close attention.

"I assume you all watched the U.A. sports festival. That Bakugo kid in first place is strong. And he doesn't seem too fond of the other heroes. I want him to join us and become a villain, so our mission will be to bring him here and talk him into joining us. He could be of great use to us." The leader continued explaining. "The plan is to attack during their planned training camp. My contact told me, it is supposed to be during the summer break. We will only need someone to lure him directly to us...And that will be you, (Y/N)!"

"Wh-what?! Me?" I stuttered out surprised.

"Exactly! You will be sent to U.A. and will introduce yourself as a new student that will be joining the class officially in the second semester. The first semester will be ending soon, but you can just say you want to get to know them already or something. I want you to get close to the target to the point he will trust you, so during the training camp attack, he will blindly follow you into the trap." The leader explained with a wide smirk on his face.

"B-but why me? I'm older than the students and other than that, I'm not sure if I'm good enough for this..." I was still overwhelmed. Would I even be able to act as a spy? What if they caught me?!!

"Well, they wouldn't expect an innocent girl to be a spy. And you're not that much older than them, you're only seventeen. That doesn't make a big difference appearance-wise. Also, it can finally be of use that you don't seem villainous at all." He brushed my worries off. "And I'm not sure if I'd want to send Toga...she's...A little insane..."

"Hey!" The blonde complained next to me.

...that was true though...I guess I will have to do it...And not like I'm not used to acting...Toga probably couldn't hold back her urge to cut someone... I'm probably best suited for the job.

After a little bit of thinking I gave my answer. "Fine! I'll do my best!"