06

"are you sure you're okay?" taehyung asked, rubbing a towel on his hair as another one wrapped loosely around his waist. drips of waters from his strands of hair landed on his abs, slithering down to the unknown. jimin observed that, he unconsciously licked his lips but then shook his head fiercely. no, im supposed to be weary of him. . .

"im fine, seriously!"

the older cuddles up to the latter, snuggling his face into jimin's chest. taehyung peeks up at the other's face with puppy eyes causing jimin to puff his cheeks. he must stay strong and resist, but then taehyung poked his chubby cheeks.

jimin could not help but to smile and gave taehyung a kiss since he laid there with his lips squished up, waiting. taehyung grabbed jimin by his tiny waist and tackled him onto the bed, nibbling into the nape of his neck. his baby hairs tickled taehyung's face, but he paid no attention.

"stop- argh! stop! im still sore!!" jimin pouted, slightly pushing away the other. taehyung submitted and gently rested his chin on jimin's knees, gazing at the younger in a cute manner. jimin stared back and taehyung's scratch stared back at jimin.

he turned away, not being able to look into taehyung's eyes after admitting what has been on his mind.

"you want to know why i have seemed upset?"

taehyung turned to jimin, noticing the shift in the atmosphere, "why?"

jimin began to play with his thumbs as he bit his bottom lip, not wanting to make eye contact with the older.

"its because of your scratch on your neck. . . they-they said that the attacker probably has a- !!" jimin stammered on only for taehyung to interrupt him when he put together what the latter was implying. taehyung stood up and began to pace around, crossing his arms while thought.

"i can't believe you think i did it!"

"i-its just that you didn't seem to like hana all that much!"

there's was silence for a moment, letting jimin's words settle in the thick, tense air between the two. taehyung did not break eye contact as he opened the door, his orbs a mixture of many emotions but mostly pain.

"get out."

jimin did not hurry about getting out of taehyung's presence, one thing he knew is that when taehyung's upset, he's scary.

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

jimin walked down campus, not extremely aware of his surroundings. he felt like he was floating or not in control, but he remembered its called something like dissociating. he learned it in one of his elective classes about health, it helps someone cope with stress and with others its an actual disorder since they do it so often.

the sound of hoseok's voice from over the thick hedge caught jimin out of his trance. he figured it would cheer him up to see his best friend after getting into an argument, but jimin paused when he heard the conversation.

"you promised me the money, where is it?"

"a scratch? no, i don't got one that i know of. . . "

"so because of this im not getting my money or are you just fucking broke and pussing out of our deal?"

"hey," jimin interrupted hoseok who was on the phone looking a little vexed. jimin wasn't sure what was going on, he wasn't even sure if he could trust his best friend anymore, but he had hope that hoseok would be honest with him.

hoseok was caught off guard, quickly hanging up and faked a smile to hide his nervousness.

"h-hey! whats up? i thought you were at taehyung's. . ."

"you knew about that?" jimin looked at hoseok confused, he never told hoseok about that let alone the fact that taehyung is the cam girl.

"i-i saw you two head in the direction of his dorm so i just assumed. . . you wanna go to the coffee shop?"

"oh. . . yeah, let's do that. taehyung and i got into an argument," jimin confessed hesitantly as they walked down the bricked sidewalk together. the last strands of sunlight painted them golden, capturing their allure more than before.

"you two got into a fight? about what?"

"its not important, just something silly. what were you on the phone about, you seemed upset."

"also something not important, just a friend refusing to pay up his end of the deal. . ."

"oh. . ." jimin said as their hands brushed against each other. they pulled away and both apologized, but a pink tint shaded hoseok cheeks which jimin found weird.

hoseok suddenly got the courage and grabbed jimin's hands, looking jimin in the eyes in a pleading manner.

"jimin. . . im worried about you."

"w-why?"

"taehyung is not a good guy, he always gave me the creeps. please stop hanging out with him."

jimin pulled away defensively, walking in front of hoseok to create some distance.

"are you saying that because of all the fake rumors you heard or do you have actual proof?" jimin spat coldly, he wasn't sure as to why he was being so defensive, especially when he had a feeling hoseok was right.

jimin didn't know who to trust anymore.

not my favorite chapter! but the plot is getting somewhere
sorry for taking so long to update
school sucks rn