23

The lawyer guided the two boys to their seats, Taehyung entering from the other side of the court. Bandages wrapping his hands which were not their a few minutes ago in the bathroom that Jimin raised a brow at.

"Today, we welcome Park Jimin v. Kim Taehyung regarding the Seoul community campus murders. Ms. Song, you may start off the trial," The jury stated as Jimin's lawyer stood up.

"Mr. Kim, I call you to the stand please!"

Once Taehyung sat in the chair, the jury turned to him asking him to raise his right hand, "you pledge to speak the truth and only the truth?" which Taehyung repeated back to her staring at Jimin. The younger denied making eye contact back him, closing his eyes as Taehyung begin to be questioned.

"There's speculations that you were associated with Min Yoongi's murders at your campus, is this true?"

"Yes, he was my friend."

"Then why did you kill him?" Ms. Song countered.

"He went too far, I wasn't expecting him go off the rail." Everything that Taehyung was saying sounded so calculated like a script, there wasn't even any emotion in his eyes. Just a black veil that his thick lashes covered.

"H-He's lying!!" Jimin blurted out as his lawyer held him back, a smirk tugged at Taehyung's lips as he left the stand while Jimin took his place.

"Jimin, how long have you been associating with my client?" Taehyung's lawyer questioned the younger, slowly pacing back and forth with an unreadable expression.

"It was over a month I would say," Jimin responded, refusing to make eye contact with the suspect.

"And would you consider yourself to have been in a relationship?"

"I wouldn't say that, we hung out a decent bit but- " Jimin was interrupted by Taehyung who stood up from his chair.

"That's not true and you know it," except Taehyung kept going even after the judge slammed her mallet, "I fucked you so good and you're going to tell everyone here that we weren't anything? Bullshit!!"

Taehyung had to be restrained in his seat by bodyguards after he lashed out, there was whispers spread within the jury section. The older bit his cheek now complying, it was Jimin that returned the smirk from earlier as he sat back down next to Ms. Song.

Hoseok seating behind him shared an excited expression knowing Taehyung just sealed his fate. The trial went on for a while until Jimin's stomach wanted to eat it from the inside out. After the psychiatrist and the forensics went on trial, it was the long awaiting answer from the jury. A middle aged man rises when the judge signals him to, he unfolds the paper and reads the words aloud.

"We believe Kim Taehyung to be . . . guilty."

An enormous sigh of relief came from Jimin's lips, he didn't even realize he was holding his breath up until this moment. Taehyung went into a fit of rage while wailing at the top of his lungs as he was being escorted out.

Everything was happening in slow motion for Park Jimin while Hoseok stood up to cheer, patting the latter's shoulders. His lawyer shook his hand as she proceeded to lead them the opposite direction of Taehyung.

Finally. . .

His heart felt like it was beating out of his chest, every single step he took towards the exit he heard pounding from within himself. It was so loud he couldn't hear anything else, the hair stood up from up his skin.

Finally. . .

Blood rushed through his veins, as if now he could be alive again, prior Jimin felt only an empty vessel. A puppet being controlled by a higher figure in the shadows. He turned to see Taehyung one last time before leaving through opposite doors, they locked eyes before the door in front of Jimin slammed shut as the clock striked.

Shaken back into reality by Hoseok saying, "it's over now, let's go home!" He wrapped his arms around the younger as the friends and lawyer headed towards the car.

It was high afternoon, the sun bathed the boy with gentle, warm rays. He put his hand over his head as he gazed up at the clouds, a grin tugged at his lips as he glanced back Hoseok.

Jimin felt free finally.

this series is finally over!! except there will be an epilogue coming about jimin a few years in the future and he'll meet taehyung once again