12

"what are you doing?"

"i-i. . ." jimin stumbled back, widening the door, exposing the room and its contents. there was photos, but jimin could not distinguish what kind since he flipped back to taehyung who was marching over.

taehyung was now towering over jimin who coward, everything hitting him all at once. he felt confused, scared, and most of all betrayed.

"i-i have to make a phone call," jimin muttered, pushing taehyung away and heading towards his cellphone. the only racing thoughts he currently had was to tell the police not that taehyung is actually the culprit, but to free hoseok. taehyung was another matter for another time.

whenever jimin extended his arm to clutch his phone, he paused when taehyung grasped his hand. not in a warm, loving way, but forceful, dragging jimin further away.

"you're not doing what i think you're doing?"

"i just need to tell them to let hoseok go!"

"even in a time like this you're thinking of hoseok!? fuck!!" taehyung lashed out, wailing his arms with enough force to knock the lamp onto the ground. it shattered, small shards glistened in the moonlight that peeked through the blinds. silence overcome them besides jimin's hushed sobs, tears also illuminated by the light gliding down his cheek. from taehyung's view, the younger was presented as a demonstration of a distraught artist given a paintbrush.

he felt a burn in his heart, taehyung let out a deep sigh, grabbing chunks of his hair causing jimin to flinch by the quick movement. with that being noticed by taehyung, he leaned towards him, but jimin leaned away, still sobbing.

taehyung's face harden, realizing there was going to have to be a different approach to this.

"so tell me. . . how did you react when you saw the room?" taehyung began to pace leisured circles around jimin while he asked the question nonchalantly.

"h-how did i react?" jimin sniffles, rubbing his face, caught off guard by the question.

"yeah," taehyung replied, still pacing like a cat eyeing its prey.

"uhm. . . well i didn't get a really good look, but i think i saw pictures of me. . .?" jimin fiddled with his thumbs while glancing up at taehyung with watery eyes, waiting for the other to fill the stillness. the air felt thick to jimin, it reminded him like a hot, humid day despite his shivering and cold sweat in the air conditioned room. taehyung eventually met eyes with him while humming a short 'mhm', still circling.

jimin was a corpse while taehyung was a vulture. a deer caught headlights, taehyung being in control of the blaring vehicle. he gulped while adding, "i-it made me feel confuse. . ."

"continue."

". . . but now that i think of it, i feel kind of flattered- " jimin was cut off by a bellowing laughter, taehyung wiped his eye that glistened thorough amusement at that response.

"jeez jimin," taehyung advanced closer, cradling jimin's chin between his slender fingers, "you think that this is flattering to you?"

jimin flinched under the older's acute gaze, unsure with what to say in fear of upsetting taehyung. he went with the option of essentially stroking taehyung's ego instead of full on panicking he wishes to do.

"well yeah. . . when someone likes you that much of course its- " taehyung interrupted jimin once more by placing index finger on the younger's swollen lips.

"thats not liking someone, jimin," his eyes got darker as he leaned in closer, voice getting deeper gradually when he added, "this is full on obsession."

"oh," jimin responded, avoiding his gaze, with that taehyung smirked and leaned back. he created more distance and went back to pacing around jimin.

"now its a matter of what i am going to do with you?"

"d-do with me?" jimin bit his lip.

taehyung briskly picked up the solid body piece of the lamp that shattered, juggling it between his hands playfully before swinging it towards jimin, "yes, i have no intention of letting you go anytime soon."

off topic but this chapter ended on 666 words 🙊