11

"t-taehyung? are you home yet, im coming over! i need to talk to you," jimin left a voice mail, putting his phone back into his pocket. he shivered, pulling the fabric of his jacket closer to the nape of his neck, but the shaking would not stop. his nerves overcome the cold, autumn breeze that took grasp when the moon blanketed the sidewalk.

the moon was full, stronger than the street lamps poorly lighting the sidewalk as jimin crossed campus onto the otherside where taehyung resided in. frequently jimin checked his phone in hopes of taehyung getting back to him, any possible vibration he felt caused him to be alert but to a fault, no response everytime.

there was rustling in a nearby bush that made jimin jump. the possibility of whoever sent that box could still be outside just occurred to jimin, he hesitantly crept up to the bush.

"who's there?" jimin tried to sound confident, but failed. the rustling continued until a small bunny jumped out, gazing up at jimin who yelped. he could feel the breathe exiting his mouth as he sighed in relief, not realizing he was even holding his breathe.

jimin turned around to continue to taehyung's but his face met with someone's broad chest. he looked up and saw it was taehyung who carried a pile of books that rested between his palms and hips.

"i was on my way home and saw you looking like a crazy person so i opted to come over," taehyung deadpanned, signaling towards his books.

"taehyung! can i sleepover at your place tonight, it happened again!"

"it happened again?" taehyung seemed perplex, "but hoseok's locked up. . ."

"i told you it doesn't make sense, its not hoseok!"

"whatever, we'll talk inside," taehyung eager jimin over, crossing his arm over the younger's shoulders in a protective way. his grasp on the other felt stronger than just a sense of protection, underlying anger transfered to his fingertips which grasped jimin's flesh as they walked.

˚˙༓࿇༓˙˚˙༓࿇༓˙˚˙༓࿇༓˙˚

taehyung set down a glass of water for jimin who sat in his kitchen. his legs dangled a few inches from the vinyl flooring as he swerved on the bar stool, his elbows resting on the granite as he gazed up at taehyung who gazed back.

"so are you going to tell me what happened?"

"another box came, i-i was watching television and there was a knock at the door and after i waited there was another box. . . filled with vile things, its not hoseok!"

"then who could it be?"

jimin glanced back at the water reflecting his face, wrinkles were forming on his skin as he kept a tense expression. taehyung as well had wrinkles forming in the crest of his brows while he stared down at jimin's scalp until the younger abruptly looked up once more.

"hoseok said he was being blackmailed so he's definitely not lying now that the harassment is continuing, we could inform the police!"

"no, let's not get involved in helping hoseok," taehyung waved his hands, beginning to walk away.

"why are you so against helping hoseok?" jimin crossed his arms, pouting.

"you know the amount of times he spread rumors about me and now he's caught up in this harassment ordeal, he's not worth helping. . ."

"but he's my friend!"

"yeah well you have shitty taste in friends," taehyung said, staring into jimin's eyes, looking for anything, something. there was silence until taehyung turned towards his bedroom, muttering something along the lines he can sleep on the couch before slamming the door.

the pit of jimin's stomach deepened after accidentally upsetting taehyung. he was right after all.

hoseok has changed and jimin took note of it, now he's just upset he got into an argument with taehyung over defending someone who hurt them both. he let out a sigh when grabbing the remote, not even sure how to work taehyung's devices.

the television illuminated the white door behind the couch that nearly blends in with light gray walls. that's the same door taehyung insisted on jimin not to open.

jimin rose from the sofa, creeping over to taehyung's door incase he was still up then over to the white door. its safe to assume taehyung went to bed and what does he have to hide from jimin. they've seen each others butt holes.

jimin extended his hand, molding against the doorknob and turning it slowly. a rancid smell erupted from underneath, fueling jimin's curiosity even more.

it opened, but so did taehyung's door.