𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

katie eventually got home. she'd been crying in her car, only thinking about sadie. she heard her phone ring a lot, but she didn't bother to pick it up.

she opened the door to her house, not bothering to even explain to her mom where she was, ran up to her room and closed to door. she threw her small bag on her bed, searching for her cardigan. then, she realized she left it at the stranger things set.

her phone dinged again, so she looked at it. of course, all the texts were from sadie.

sades🤍
kat, i'm sorry.

sades🤍
i swear it was an accident.

sades🤍
katie, please. honest to god, i'm deeply sorry!

sades🤍
please katie, i didn't even know i was yelling.

sades🤍
finn was just getting on my nerves, i didn't even mean to tell him you like girls. please.

sades🤍
please.

sades🤍
you also forgot your cardigan here.

kat👶🏼
keep it.

sades🤍
please forgive me.
READ 3:47 pm

sades🤍
kat im seriously begging you. i know you hate being outed to people, honest to god, it was a huge accident! finn was getting on my nerves and i couldn't let him get lead on.
READ 3:48 pm

katie turned her phone off and there was a knock on her door. it was from callie, saying that their mom needed her.

katie groaned and got up, trudging slowly to the living room.

it was a whole bunch of yelling between both of them, and katie crying because she hates getting yelled at. eventually, they both apologized to each other and agreed to go visit brandon.

-

they got to the hospital and went to brandon's room. the doctor needed to tell their mom some things, and brandon was awake.

"god, how stupid are you?!" katie whisper-yelled.
"i wasn't drunk, i swear."

"then how'd you get in a crash that almost killed you, bran."
"i swear, kat. i wouldn't leave you."

"brandon!" callie said excitedly.

brandon smiled from seeing callie, and katie got her mind off things that happened. like sadie. she forgot about sadie for a while and was happy her brother would be okay.

katie's phone rang again, and she saw the contact name. it was, of course, from sadie.

"you should get that."
"no, i'm good."

"you're ignoring your best friend? uh oh."
"it's nothing."

then, her phone rang again.

"doesn't seem like nothing."

katie sighed and finally answered the phone.

"hello?"
"you answered," sadie answered.

katie could tell sadie was smiling, but she didn't say anything about it.

"yeah, i did. what do you want, i'm at the hospital with brandon."
"i just wanted to say that i'm really, really sorry."

"yeah, i can tell."
"please, please forgive me. it wont happen again."

"look, i gotta go. but, i guess i could come over to your set so i could get my cardigan and we could talk."

sadie was smiling so brightly. she was more than happy.

"okay! yeah, what time?"
"6:00. is that okay with you?"

"yeah! see you later!"
"yeah."

katie hung up the phone and put it in the back pocket. she walked over to brandon again, and sat down to talk to him.

-

it was 6:00, and katie was so close to the set. she kind of was happy to see sadie, but she was also still mad.

she eventually got there and parked her car. it was a little dark outside, and she couldn't really see. she saw sadie with her cardigan and went over to her.

"hey," sadie said.
"hey. i-is that my cardigan?"
"oh, yeah, here," sadie said as she handed the cardigan.

there was a moment of awkward silence and they both spoke up saying, "im sorry."

sadie had no idea what katie had to be sorry for. after all, she's the one who outed her.

"wait, what do you have to be sorry for?"
"i flipped, big time. it was really unnecessary."
"no, you had the right for that. I'm sorry for outing you. and... sorry for this."

katie was confused. until sadie grabbed her and kissed her. it took a while for katie to understand what was happening, but when she realized, she kissed her back.

they both pulled away, and katie didn't know exactly what to feel. she felt guilty, but giddy at the same time. they booth stood there for 3 seconds until katie broke the silence.

"uh, i should go," she said as she started backing away, slowly.
"yeah, i'll call you later."

katie went to her car and put the cardigan in the back seat. she didn't know how to feel. her best friend just kissed her. don't get her wrong, she's wanted to kiss her for a while, but she didn't want to do anything about it. she didn't want to risk her friendship with sadie.

she didn't know if she meant it, or didn't. maybe she'd forget about it. all she knew, is that she couldn't lose sadie.