𝐎𝐍𝐄

it was that time of day. katie woke up and got on her phone. she did that quite often. more often than she should be doing. she scrolled through instgram to see a post from her best friend, sadie sink.

sadiesink_

sadiesink_ just woke up, wbu?

katie smiled at the picture, wondering how someone could wake up looking so perfect. she got this feeling in her stomach. like butterflies? she shrugged the feeling off and got up and ready for her day. she put on plaid pants and a white crop top. she grabbed her airpods, and put them in her ears, blasting "girls" by girl in red. she started singing and and dancing around her room, until her younger sister, callie, came in her room.

"you look funny," she lightly giggled. katie stopped dancing and paused the song, and looked at callie. "mom said breakfast is ready. and its your favorite! strawberry toast!"

callie ran back downstairs and katie took her airpods out. she got a text from sadie, and her whole morning got better from that one text.

sades🤍
gooooood morning! are you still coming to set today so you can meet everyone?

kat👶🏼
shit! im so sorry sades. i totally forgot and promised my mom id take callie to school and brandon to work since he got his license got revoked.

sades🤍
its fine! they just really wanted to meet you and i really wanted to see you. i miss you :(

kat👶🏼
i miss you too :(

katie felt bad that she forgot about what sadie was so excited about, but she knew she'd make it up to sadie. but she needed to do those things. her mom recently got surgery, and couldn't move around so much. brandon is the oldest, being 21 but acting younger than callie, who is 8, sometimes. that leaves katie being the middle child. katie is 18, acting like the elder sibling most times.

katie rushed downstairs, realizing that it was almost 8. she needed to drop brandon off at his work, drop callie off at her school, and then go to school. she quickly grabbed a piece of toast, grabbing her school bag, and said,
"come on, hurry. im going to brush my teeth, and i expect you to be ready!"

katie quickly brushed her teeth and came back, both kids ready to go. she grabbed her car keys and they all got in the car. they drove to each stop, quietly. once she dropped callie off at her school, it was quiet. katie's phone rang, and she looked at the contact.

sades🤍

she quickly answered the phone, still keeping her eyes on the road.
( bold=sadie italics=katie )