𝐓𝐖𝐎

"what happened?" sadie asked.

sadie took katie to her trailer in hopes of calming her down.

"brandon. he got drunk... and he-"

sadie cut her off by hugging her. she didn't want to hear the rest of the sentence. after katie's dad died from a car accident, she's been very cautious and safe of what she says around katie.

"he said he was getting an uber to take him home. he didn't have a car with him. i drove it here."

"is he... y'know?"

"no, in the hospital. they said he's been sleeping. but they really think he's in a coma. god, i let this happen."

"don't say that."
"how can i not?! i should've drove him home!"

"katie-"
"no. this is my fault. god, he could've died the same way my dad did."

it stunned katie that she said that. she never said anything like that. and if her mom heard that, she'd ignore her for days.

katie sat down, tears slipping from her eyes. sadie leaned over to hug her. when katie felt that touch, she just started crying more.

-

it was morning, and katie didn't go home. she stayed with sadie in her trailer and didn't want to go home. so she didn't. it was about 10 am when katie woke up. sadie wasn't there, so she figured she was filming. she got on her phone and saw 38 missed texts from her mom and 59 missed calls. she turned her phone off and saw a coffee pot brewing so she got some coffee. she normally wouldn't, but it wasn't a normal morning. sadie came in the trailer, not knowing katie was awake, and saw her in her shorts and bra. katie got scared and almost dropped her coffee, but then realized it was sadie.

"oh! sorry!"
"it's fine, it's fine."

things got awkward. sadie started blushing a little, and katie did the same.

"i should, uh, get a shirt on," katie said as she laughed a little.

katie felt a little embarrassed knowing that that just happened. sadie left the trailer and saw finn coming towards her.

"don't go in there."
"why?"

"cause it's my trailer?"
"oooh katies in there isn't she. and you're jealous."

"am not!"
"are too!"

"she's my best friend, and she's gay!"

finn looked over sadie's shoulder, realizing katie was standing in the doorway. sadie realized she yelled that katie was gay, and figured out what she just did.

she just outed katie to everyone on set. and katie heard her. she slowly turned around and saw katie standing there. sadie felt guilty and katie felt hurt.

"katie..." sadie tried talking to her.

but she just walked back in the trailer and carefully closed the door.

"this is your fault, finn." sadie said as she pointed her finger in his shoulder.

"you're the one who's jealous."

sadie sighed and went in her trailer. she saw katie grabbing her things to go home.

"katie-"
"no! you just outed me to these people that i don't even know! god, i could've had friends! friends that wouldn't judge me for liking girls! i just met them, sadie. now, they probably think of me as some freak!"

"katie-"
"no! im going home."

"katie, please-"
"how would you feel if i outed you to these people that you know? it would hurt, wouldn't it? luckily i'm not that petty." katie said as she slammed the trailer door shut as she left.

-

it'd been a couple hours since katie left. sadie only came out of the trailer for one scene, and stayed in there for the rest of the day. she felt really bad. she knew at the school katie went to was really homophobic, and she didn't have many friends. maybe some acquaintances, but they weren't really friends.

she was deep in thought, trying to figure out how to make it up to katie, but then there was a knock on the door. it was from one of the set workers, telling sadie they need her for a scene. she slightly nodded her head signaling okay, and went back in thought for a second. all she could think about is what katie said.

"how would you feel if i outed you to these people that you know? it would hurt, wouldn't it? luckily i'm not that petty."

she couldn't get those words out of her head. but she knew she had to go film. she had her outfit on and it was chilly. she saw a cardigan that katie left so she put it on.

she got to set and learned what scene they were going to film that day. it was a kissing scene. between max and lucas, aka, her and caleb.

they got ready to film, and sadie was nervous. she didn't really know why since she's kissed caleb before, but she was nervous.

"hey, you okay?" caleb asked her.
"yeah, fine."

"no you're not."
"no i'm not."

sadie tried explaining what happened between her and katie, but they got called to work on set. they went through lines, and for a moment, sadie forgot all about what happened. but, she knew what was about to happen.

caleb started leaning and so sadie did the same. they kissed, and that's when the duffers said,
"cut!"

sadie quickly backed away from caleb and ran to her trailer. she picked the cardigan up that she brought to set and sat in her trailer and cried. cried because she probably really fucked things up with katie. but that's when she realized. she realized something big.

she likes katie.