Year 3 Chapter 6 - Happy Christmas

Now we both have lightning.

~

Only two weeks until Christmas and the halls are buzzing with plans for the holiday.

"My family is going on vacation!" A Ravenclaw girl said.

"Me Mum said I'm bound to get a new broom this year!" A Hufflepuff boy said.

The days were cold and teachers were cramming in as much work as they could before the two week holiday break.

Many students went home for the holidays but Harry has always stayed at Hogwarts. No way was he going to return to the Dursleys for Christmas.

Harry remembered his first Christmas at Hogwarts. The Weasleys had stayed as well because Molly and Arthur were visiting Charlie in Romania.

~

~

"Harry wake up! Come on Harry wake up! It's Christmas!" Ron yelled from the common room.

Harry sprang out of bed and ran to the top of the stairs. He looked down to see Ron surrounded by presents, torn paper and sweets.

"Happy Christmas Harry!" Ron beamed.

"Happy Christmas Ron! ... What are you wearing?" Harry asked, looking at his jumper.

"Oh... mum made it." He said with a frown. "Looks like you've got one too!"

"I've got presents?!" Harry beamed.

"Yeah!!"

~

y/n on the other hand was dragged home for Christmas first year. She hated being home because she couldn't stand her Father. Her Mother, she didn't mind she always tried her best and y/n could handle Draco, but her Father made everything dreadful.

~

y/n never really looked forward to Christmas. The Malfoys didn't really do anything special. All they did was open a few presents and then stayed separately in their rooms all day until Narcissa made dinner.

y/n loved her Mother, deep down. Though sometimes she had a hard time finding love for her parents. Narcissa always cared for her children. y/n still couldn't wrap her head around the fact that her Mother ended up with a deatheater.

y/n and Draco never called their parents Mum and Dad like everyone else they always said Mother and Father.

****

"y/n. y/n!"

y/n jolted awake to the sound of her twin's voice.

"y/n it's nearly eleven thirty and it's Christmas get up, Mother and Father are waiting." Draco said before turning to leave.