Year 3 Chapter 13 - The Dreaded Goodbye And Return

Hello Daughter.

~

****

The next morning Harry and y/n were on their way to Professor Lupin's office to check on him after the events that had happened last night. Madam Pomfrey reclosed y/n's shoulder and it no longer hurt as badly.

The two walk in through the open door of his office. They notice that all of his things were packed up.

 They notice that all of his things were packed up

"Hello Harry, y/n

"Hello Harry, y/n." Lupin said without looking up from what he was doing.

The both jumped and Lupin chuckled.

"I saw you coming." He said waving the marauders map in the air.

Lupin turns, smiles through haggard eyes. The two nod, neither of them able to hide the shock of Lupin's appearance.

"I've looked worse, believe me." He said, noticing their looks.

Harry eyes the open desk drawers and the bare shelves.

"You've been sacked." He said flatly looking down.

"Resigned, actually." Lupin replied.

"Resigned! But why!" y/n said in shock taking a step forward.

"It seems that someone has let slip the nature of my condition." Lupin said, while packing the last of his things.

"Snape." Harry replied bitterly.

"Whoever. It was bound to get out. This time tomorrow, the owls will start arriving. Parents will not want someone like me teaching their children." Lupin said with a weak smile.

"But Dumbledore..." y/n trailed off.

"Has already risked enough on my behalf. Besides, people like me, well... let's just say I'm used to this by now. But before I go, tell me about your Patronus. Both of you." Lupin replied.

"Well you already know that mine is a doe." y/n said meeting Lupin's eyes.

"Y- yeah and well,  at first I thought it was a horse, or perhaps a unicorn, but I think it was-." Harry said quickly but was cut off.