Year 3 Chapter 12 - Saving The Innocent

EXPECTO PATRONUM!

TW: mentions of blood

~

Buckbeak was rustling through the trees as they were patiently waiting.

"Least someone's enjoying himself." y/n said sarcastically.

"Hermione... y/n..." Harry began.

"Yes?" They both replied turning to face him.

"Before. Down by the lake. When I was with Sirius... I did see people... that someone made the Dementors go away..."

"With a Patronus. I heard Snape telling Dumbledore when we were taken to the hospital. According to him, only a really powerful wizard could have conjured it." Hermione said.

"It was my parents. It was my parents who conjured the Patronus."

"But, Harry, your parents..." y/n trailed off.

"Dead. I know. I'm just telling you what I saw."

They nod, not wanting to press Harry further, then glances beyond the trees, toward the Whomping Willow.

"Here we come." Hermione said pointing to the tree where their past selves walked out from.

Shadows emerge under a full moon: Black. Harry. Pettigrew. Lupin. Hermione. Ron. y/n. Sleepwalking Snape...

Harry studies himself and Sirius.

"You see Sirius talking to me? He's asking me to come live with him." Harry said not taking his eyes off of himself and Sirius.

"Really?" y/n asked with a light smile.

Harry nods, his voice wistful.

"When we free him, I'll never have to go back to the Dursley's. I'm going to tell him I'd like to live someplace in the country. I think he'd like that, after all those years in Azkaban. We don't need a big place and I can help him..."

A howl pierces the night. y/n glances toward the Willow.

"It's happened. Lupin's transformed." Hermione said quickly.

"Which means Pettigrew is slipping safely into the night. While we just stand here..." Harry said through gritted teeth.

The werewolf slashes past y/n's shoulder and both y/n's fall to the ground in a cry of pain. This reminded y/n of her shoulder and after that it started to hurt badly.

A fierce growling is heard as twin silhouettes the dog and the werewolf bound into the tall grass. Harry watches himself appear, hurl the stick as before. The werewolf turns, begins to stalk.

Harry helped y/n to her feet making sure she was alright before-

OWWWWWWWWW! Harry wheels, sees Hermione, hands cupped to her mouth, making a loud howl

OWWWWWWWWW! Harry wheels, sees Hermione, hands cupped to her mouth, making a loud howl. He covers her mouth.

"What are you doing?" He asks confused.