Year 3 Chapter 11 - Rewind

What in bloody hell was all that about?

TW: mentions of blood

~

Harry awoke and shot upright from his bed in the hospital wing.

"I saw my parents!"

His sudden outburst made y/n shoot awake as well.

"Huh?! What happened?" y/n said with a look of panic. It was only a few seconds before she let out a grown from soreness and remembered the events of what had happened.

"Harry! y/n! How are you feeling?" Hermione said while standing in between their two beds.

"Alrigh-" y/n started but Harry cut her off.

"I- I saw my parents!"

"You what?" y/n and Hermione said looking at him in confusion.

"But your parents are-" Hermione began.

"Dead, I know." Harry said, "But I saw them." Hermione just shook her head and y/n gave her a sympathetic look.

"They sent the dementors away, across the lake."

"Listen, Harry. They've captured Sirius. Any minute the Dementors are going to perform the Kiss." Hermione said, looking rather serious. y/n's face turned stone.

"The kiss?" Harry asked.

"It's what Dementors do to those they want to destroy. They clamp their jaws over the victim's mouth and... suck out his soul." Hermione said not to break eye contact with Harry.

"You mean, they're going to kill Sirius?"

"No. It's worse. Much worse. You go on living. But you have no memory. No sense of self. You're just a shall. An empty shell..." y/n said while shaking her head.

The door to the infirmary opened and they all turned their heads to see Headmaster Dumbledore walking in.

"Headmaster! You've got to stop them! They've got the wrong man!" y/n said getting out of bed. As she got up she stiffened from the pain in her shoulder.

"It's true, sir. Sirius is innocent." Harry said sitting more upright in bed.

"It's Scabbers who did it!" Ron sayed from across the room his leg wrapped in gause and propped up on a pillow.

"Scabbers...?" Dumbledore questioned.

"My rat, sir. Only he's not really a rat. Well, he was a rat. You see, he used to be my brother Percy's-" Ron went on.

"The point is... we know the truth. Please, sir, you must believe us." Hermione said pleadingly.

"I do, Miss Granger. But I'm sorry to say the word of four thirteen year-old wizards will convince few others. A child's voice, however honest and true, is meaningless to those who have forgotten how to listen." Dumbledore stated with a sympathetic look. He went on, "Ah... a shooting star. If ever one was to make a wish, now would be the time. But time, I'm afraid, is precisely our problem..." He paused before continuing to speak once more. "Mysterious thing, time. Powerful. And, when meddled with... dangerous. Sirius Black is in the topmost cell of the Dark Tower. You know the laws, Miss Granger. You must not be seen. And you would, I feel, do well to return before this last chime. If not... well, the consequences are really too ghastly to discuss. Three turns should do it, I think. If you succeed, more than one innocent life may be spared tonight." There was a slight twinkle in his eye before he turned to exit the room but before he fully left he stopped in his tracks and turned back around.