Chapter 2

Joey Grind... told me I was beautiful. The thought runs through and then I immediately think, he's just saying that because I'm crying. a couple more tears slide down my face. he has his hands on my shoulders and is watching me while I look down and cry a little.
"Y/n, please don't cry. Please be strong. Don't do this to yourself." He says.
I look up and stare into his eyes. he is perfect. He is the most beautiful man I have ever met. He is funny, smart, loving, caring, the list carries on but I just look down again. he puts his finger under my chin and lifts my head. I'm looking at him again. we stare into each other's eyes again and then he leans in. Slowly, our lips connect and I'm so shocked. I feel the Sparks fly but I don't care. I kiss back and I put my hand on his arm that is on my chin. we pull apart and I start blushing and look away. he grabs my hand and says I'm beautiful again. I blush some more then look at him again.
"Want to go to speedway and get a speedy freeze? I'll pay." he says. I nod and we get up and walk down the road to Speedway. After we get the freezy, we then start walking down the road back to the park. We get there and start taking turns at a drink. we are sitting at the top of the slide when he asks me,
"So... Y/n, it's really bothering me... why were you crying?" He asks
I sit there for a few seconds and finally reply.
"Well, my parents are divorced, I live with my mom but this weekend I was at my dads house." I feel the tears begin to form in my eyes. "My dad slapped me for no reason, then.... he just. left." I look up at Joey and he was intensely staring at me.mI look back down "I'm guessing he went to the bar like always. After he left, I felt worthless. I started cutting in the bathroom." I can't hold it in anymore. I burst out into tears. I wipe away tears and look back at him. "Joey...you saved my life. I was going to end it and then when you popped up and started talking to me and you.... you... told me that I was beautiful, i brightened up some and realized something good about me. That kiss, it gave me something more to live for." I told him with tears still coming out. He took a drink if the freezy then handed it to me. He had tears streaming down his face too.
"Joey, why are you crying? You shouldn't be crying, you don't need to" I say
"I saved you, y/n. Everything about that feeling makes me feel so special. But I do need to say something." he says smiling.
I feel butterflies in my stomach, the scared kind.
"and what is that?"
"You probably think I never noticed you in the hallways. every time I see you in the hallways... I feel butterflies. Just because I'm popular doesn't mean I can't fall in love with a girl that I have some classes with and see in the hallway. I've loved you since you rose your in hand in algebra, the second day of class. I've noticed you so much more than you think."
I'm in utter shock. A smile creeps onto my face. I hug him. We pull away and I begin to say "Joey.. I love you too." He kisses me again and it is so beautiful. when we pull apart he asks for my number. I take his phone and put his number in.
"I should probably go. it's getting dark." I say
"Let me walk you home." he says to me
"No, you don't need to. I'm fine."
"Y/n, I'm going to walk you home. in not letting anything happen to you." he says seriously, looking into my eyes.
I just nod and start walking he follows behind me then quickly catches up and walks beside me. he puts his arm around my shoulders and we walk like that. We reach my house and he walks me to my doorstep.
"Y/n, I have a question..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~<>~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cliffhanger! Keep reading ;)