Chapter 10

"Y/n, your father-" my mom starts
I already know that she's about to say he's in jail, it's happened numerous times for drunk driving.
"-your father died last night of drug over dose." my mom finished.
my mouth drops. I can't say anything.
"Drugs? Overdose?" I ask
"Yes. he overdosed medication and added alcohol and died on the couch."
I start tearing up a little.
Yeah, I hated my dad, but I didn't want him die. he could have changed.
I run to my room and start crying. hayes is sitting on my bed. I go to the wall and put my back against it. I slide down and cry into my knees.
Joey walks up to me and sits beside me and rubs my back.
"You okay?" He asks
I keep crying into my knees.
Joey gets up and sits in front of me. he puts his arms around me and I crawl into his arms. I cry into his Shoulder and he rubs my back with his head on top of mine.
A few minutes later, I pull off of him and tell him that my dad died of a drug overdose. He comforts me and we take a nap in my bed.
I wake up at 8:00 and Joey is gone. I get up to grab my phone and there is a note on my bed.
I pick up the note and read it.
"Hey babe, sorry I'm gone. I had to go home, it was getting late. I will see you tomorrow at school. love you. bye."   
I put the note down and go to the kitchen to grab a snack.
I then wait til 9 and watch the walking dead.