Part 26

-Natalia-

It's been a week and Spencer is back at work. All my family went home with the exception of my dad, Elijah. They decided they wanted to stay longer to help me. Spencer has been at work for 2 days now. We have a routine. Spencer gets up at about 7 maybe a little earlier it depends. This is also around the time that Hailey wakes up for a feeding.

We deliberately timed it like tho so Spencer could see her in the morning before he left. He usually leaves at around 8 and then my dad and Elijah come over at about 9. Hailey is just like every other new born all she ever really does is eat and sleep. Although she's starting to get used to staying awake with me and me just holding her. We usually do that for a couple hours and she falls asleep.

Right now it is 5 past 7 Spencer just left and I'm sat in the nursery with Hailey. She's very clearly not ready to go back to sleep so I take her downstairs I put the radio on and sit on the couch. I hear one of my favourite songs come on and I sing it to Hailey. I sing to Hailey every night. I sing to her and Spencer reads to her. That's how we usually do it. After about 30 minutes of me just sitting with her and singing she fell asleep again. I take this opportunity to make myself some breakfast.

I go into the kitchen and make myself some avocado toast. I still can't have coffee due to breast feeding so I settle for orange juice. I pour some into a glass and then sit down at the island and eat. Once I've finished my breakfast I go back into the living room. I quickly check on Hailey as I can't see inside the basket from the couch. I see that she's sleeping peacefully so I go and sit down. I turn the tv on and watch a movie. Half way through the movie uncle Elijah and my dad arrive.

-

A couple of hours later. I'm sat with Hailey feeding her. My phone starts to ring but I choose to ignore it as I'm busy. Suddenly Elijah and my dad walk into the room.

"Nat I'm sorry but we have to go back to New Orleans." Elijah states

"What why?" I ask looking between the two

"Freya called apparently-" he starts but I cut him off.

"Stop I don't wanna hear your New Orleans drama I moved here to be away from it. Just go I understand." I say my dad looks like he wants to say something but he doesn't. Him and Elijah just leave. Not long after they leave Hailey is done. She quickly falls asleep after so I place her into her basket.

I walk over to my phone and pick it up. I see I have a missed call from Spencer so I decide to call him back.

It rings a few times before he picks it up.

"Hey Spence" I say

"Hey Nat what's up?" He asks

"Nothing you called me awhile ago. But I was busy with Hailey." I explain. "I just wanted to see what's up" I say

"Oh nothing I just wanted to see how you and Hailey were doing." He tells me and I smile although he can't see

"We're fine doing great actually." I say

"Ok well I gotta go." He tells me

"Yea ok love you" I say

"Love you too" he states and hangs up

-

It's a couple of hours later and I'm sat watching a movie when Hailey wakes for feeding once again. At the same time my phone goes off. I grab my phone and place it to my ear while I walk over to Hailey and pick her up leaning my phone against my ear and shoulder.

"Hello" I say into the phone

"Hey babe. You ok?" Spencer's voice comes through the phone.

"Yea Hailey just woke up for feeding." I tell him

"Oh well I can call you back" he says.

"No it's fine" I say

I sit back down on the couch and start to feed Hailey while still talking to Spencer.

"Ok well how are you doing?" He asks

"I'm good." I say

"Ok well I just called to tell you that we got a case so I won't be home tonight. But you'll be ok right you've got your dad and Elijah?" Spencer says

"1st I'll be fine for a few days and 2nd Elijah and my dad went back to New Orleans." I tell him

"What why did they leave?" He asks

"I don't know some drama like usual." I reply

"Are you sure you'll be ok. I can skip this case I'd you want." He says

"Spencer listen to me I'll be fine. Penelope is still here I assume?" I ask

"Yea she is" he tells me.

"See so if I get desperate and need help I'll ask her. She'll be more than happy to help. She loves both me and Hailey." I tell him

He sighs "ok. Well I gotta go but I'll call you later." He says

"Ok I love you" I state

"I love you too" he tells me

And I hang up. I place my phone down next to me and watch Hailey as she eats. After about 10 minutes she is done and we sit there for about 45 minutes until she falls back asleep.

-

A couple of movies later it's now 8pm Hailey just fed and went to sleep and I still haven't had dinner so I go into the kitchen. I cook some pasta and then go and sit on my couch and watch a little more tv. Once I've finished my dinner I place my plate in the sink and go upstairs. I lay down in bed and go on my phone.

Around 30 minutes later Spencer calls again.

"Hey Spence" I say

"Hey Nat how's it going?" He asks

"It's good haileys sleeping and I'm laid in bed."  I inform him.

"Good when's Hailey die her next feed?" He asks

"She'll probably wake up in about an hour and a half" I say

" well maybe you should get some sleep until then." Spencer suggests.

"Yea maybe" I say

"Well ima let you go. Please get some sleep." He begs me

"Ok. Ok I'll go to sleep as soon as we hang up." I tell him

"Ok I love you." He says

"And I love you" I state and he hangs up.

Once I hang up I place my phone on the bedside table and lay under the covers. I turn off the light and go to sleep like I promised.

______________________________________

A/N: Sorry this chapter is really boring. And also I realise I didn't update on Tuesday or Thursday and I'm sorry I've been busy whit school and things so here they are I'll post another one later.