Part 25

-Ava-

It's been a week and Spencer is back at work. All my family went home with the exception of my dad and Elijah. They decided they wanted to stay longer. They're all staying in a hotel near my house. We have a routine now. Spencer leaves at around 8 and then my dad uncle Elijah and Hope come at 9. They stay most of the day to help me with Hailey before going back to their hotel.

Spencer left around 5 minutes ago. Hailey woke up at 7 for feeding. Spencer said goodbye to her and now she's sleeping again. Like all newborns all she really does is sleep and eat. So my life is still pretty normal. Hailey is still in her nursery and I go downstairs to make breakfast.

I decide on making some avocado on toast. I still can't drink coffee due to breast feeding. So I grab some orange juice from the fridge and pour some in a glass. I set it down at the island and eat. Once I've finished eating I place my plate in the sink and sit down on the couch. After a few more minutes Elijah and my dad arrive.

-

A couple of hours later Hailey is awake again I'm feeding her when my phone starts to ring. I choose not to answer as I'm busy. I'll call them back later. Once Hailey has finished I still keep her in my arms but I grab my phone from next to me on the couch. I missed a call from Spencer. I click on the notification and call him back.

Ring, ring, ring,

"Hey Spence you called what's up?" I ask

"I just wanted to let you know we got a case so I won't be home tonight." He explains

"Oh ok well I'll see you when your home." I state

"Yea. I'll call you later to see how you and Hailey are." He says and I agree

"Ok well I better go." I say

"Ok I love you"

"I love you too" I reply before hanging up.

Hailey of course fell back asleep in my arms so I place her down in her basket. Suddenly Elijah and my dad come out.

"Hey Nat I'm sorry but we have to go back to New Orleans." Elijah states

"What?" I ask

"Freya said that—" my dad starts but I cut him off

"I don't want to hear about all the drama that you have going on I came here to get away from it." I explain "go I'll see you when I can" I say and before he leaves he looks like he wants to say something but he doesn't they both just leave.

I sigh and sit down and put on a movie.

-

It's now dinner time. I cook myself some pasta for dinner. I then sit in the living room and wait for Hailey to wake for feeding. While I'm waiting I get a call from Spencer.

"Hey Spence." I say

"Hey Nat what are you up too." He asks

"I'm just waiting for Hailey to wake for feeding." I reply " how's the case?" I ask

"It's ok. I miss you though. And Hailey." He states and I smile even though he can't see.

"We both miss-" I say but am cut off by haileys crying. "Hey Spence I gotta go. Hailey just woke" I explain.

"Ok well I'll call you again later. I love you" he says and I smile

"I love you too" I reply and with Cathy we hang up.

I throw my phone down on the couch and walk over to Hailey and pick her up. I then sit down on the couch with Hailey and feed her. Once I've fed her I just sit there and spend some time with her. She stays awake with me for about 2 hours. She finally fell back asleep at around 7. I place her back into her basket and I call Spencer back.

It rings a few times before he picks up.

"Hey" he says

"Hey Hailey just fell asleep so I thought I'd call you as we never finished our conversation earlier." I explain

"Yea ok" he says

"Hey are you ok?" I ask as he sounds kinda stressed.

"Yea I'm fine." He reply's. "so how's Hailey been?" He asks me

"She's fine doesn't have a care in the world like usual." I explain

"What about you dad and uncle?" He asks

"Oh they left earlier some drama about New Orleans. You know the usual." I tell him

"Oh well are you gonna be ok there on your own?" He asks me

"Yea I'll be fine. And plus Penelope is still here right?" I ask

"Yea she's still there." He reply's

"See so if I need help I'll call her." I say

"Ok." He reply's. "are you sure? Becomes if you want me to come back I will." He states

"Spence I'm fine honestly. I can handle a few days with Hailey on my own." I say

"Ok well I'm sorry babe but I've got to go." He says

"Ok I love you" I say

"I love you too" he reply's and we hang up.

____________________________________

A/N:    Here is the second chapter I promised. Thank yall for the votes