-1-

1

1.

It was a chilly autumn day. The sun was hiding behind the clouds, showing no sign of coming out. The cold wind rustled the fallen, orange leaves around the deserted campus. Not a single soul to be seen.

A creak echoed in the distance, signalling someone's arrival.

A young man, dressed in black attire from head to toe, holding some documents in his hands, entered the campus. His black timberlands made a squeaky echo, shattering the peaceful silence around him.

The man looked around, wondering where everyone was. He shook his head and continued towards the campus, the squeaky echo from his shoes, his only companion.

He looked up to see a huge brick red coloured building, with a big sign having 'Golden Valley University' written on it in bold. Golden Valley University was one of the most prestigious universities in the entire country. It was arduous getting in, after all, they only accepted the most competent and dexterous students.

He took a deep breath and walked in through the doors, not knowing that this decision would change his entire life.

The interior of the university was just as royally furnished as it was on the outside. The entire length of the floor was carpeted and soft to the touch. There was a huge showcase in between the two joint staircases.

'The trophy case,' the man thought to himself. 'I'll get my name written there in no time.'

He smiled and went up the left side of the staircase.

The second floor was just like the first, except for the doors down the hall. A huge window extending from the ceiling to the floor allowed whatever light was present outside, fill in the hall. He walked up to it and stopped to admire the view it gifted. A forest of once green trees and shrubs greeted him back.

Golden Valley University was located on the outskirts of the majestic city of Seoul. It was secluded from all disturbances for privacy and peace.

He stopped admiring the view, and took a deep breath before he continued walking towards the biggest door in the hall.

Standing right in front of the door, he hesitated.

'Don't let your talent go to waste, son. You have potential. You just have to work hard for it without any distractions.' His parents' strict voice echoed in his head.

'I got a scholarship. That's a very big thing. But why am I not happy?'

He thought of all school plays he had sang in. Singing was his passion.

But his passion, his dream, his life, his music was snatched away from him, deemed as a 'distraction'.

His parents wanted him to get into this University. So, they did everything they could, not caring whether it affected anyone, to get him into the University. And he did.