-20-

20

20.

Jennie P.O.V

"I have the best girlfriend in the world," Jimin suddenly yelled. He paused for a brief second, and looked at me with fond eyes.

"You see her, she's mine!" He continued, causing my breath to hitch.

This felt oddly familiar, sort of like a déjà vu. And that's when it clicked.

Similar words had been said a few months back, but in a harsher, more covetous way.

I shook my head, trying not to think about it. I put on a smile, and said, "The same goes to you, babe. You're the best boyfriend ever."

I leaned in, and pressed a kiss to his luscious lips. He reciprocated the action, and I smiled softly into the kiss.

We pulled away, laughing slightly at the disgusted looks from our friends.

We all broke into a fit of laughter, when someone, probably Yoongi, shouted, "PDA is banned in this household!"

The atmosphere seemed all light and cheery, but I was in deep thought. I just couldn't get it out of my head.

The words Jimin said affected me; In a good and bad way. He might not remember, but I do. . . I remember it a little too clearly, as it was probably our first huge fight.

And, of course, I was the one to blame. My jealous and insecure ass almost fucked things up with Jimin.

The laughter had calmed down now, but my spiraling thoughts made it hard for me to concentrate on what the others were saying.

The thoughts I had tried so hard to push away, were back in my brain now, like unwanted guests.

It was my twentieth birthday, and I was less than excited.

Why? Because my boyfriend was nowhere to be seen.

We had only stared dating a few months prior, but he was already a huge part of my life.

Probably because of his gentle nature. He treated me like a precious doll; a doll to be cherished.

I never quite got that love while growing up, so, getting it from my Jiminie felt better than ever.

Now, back to why I wasn't happy on my own birthday. . .

I was standing impatiently in front of the fountain. It had been twenty minutes since I had sent Jimin a message asking him to meet, and I was even more worried since he hadn't even read the message yet.