-6-

//TW: Mentions of alcoholism, and abuse

//TW: Mentions of alcoholism, and abuse.//

6.

Yoongi P.O.V

"No."

"What do you mean, no?" A familiar voice spoke rather loudly. I scrunched my nose and held my phone away from my ears.

"No means no. I am not giving you bastards any of my money," I said firmly.

"Mind your language! We are your parents, Yoongi.  We raised you ever since you were—"

"Don't give that 'raising me since I was born' bullshit." I cut in between.

"I had you in my womb for nine months, you ungrateful brat!" The woman, who I was forced to call my mother, exclaimed. I rolled my eyes.

"And? What did you do after that, huh? Made me feel like I was nothing but a mistake? I did not ask to be born just to get abused by you pathetic excuses of parents, so cut the crap," I said, my tone beginning to match hers.

"It was your drunk father. I never abused you son," she said, her voice softening slightly.

"You just stood there and watched while I was getting beaten up by that asshole," I barked, not giving a fuck about my vulgar language. "That's as good as you beating me yourself."

"You know I couldn't do anything. If I came in between he would start hitting me too. I was just as helpless as you Yoongi," she said, her voice breaking. I closed my eyes, taking deep breaths.

"You could have left that piece of abusing shit." My voice wavered slightly.

"I'm sorry, I really couldn't do anything Yoongi—"

"YOU COULD HAVE DIVORCED HIM! YOU COULD HAVE DONE ANYTHING, IF YOU HADN'T WANTED YOUR SON TO GET BEAT UP. BUT DID YOU DO ANYTHING? NO! YOU DIDN'T. AND WHO HAD TO SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES? ME!" I shouted at her through the phone.

I could hear her sobs from the other end of the phone. My shoulders were also heaving. I blinked back tears.

"I-I'm so sorry son—" she started but I cut her off again.

"No, don't apologise now. Saying you're sorry isn't going to change shit. And you want money? Go ask your husband for money then. Oh, wait. He is the one who wasted all our money on drinking and then hitting the life out of me every night. Too bad for you then," I said, venom evident in my voice.