(28) Absquatulate

The power of distance

On two hopeless hearts

The aura in the room was still lightly depressant since our confessions

The aura in the room was still lightly depressant since our confessions. Each of us lacking the ability to understand and take in the information immediately but with me having the more difficult trouble.

I spent some time thinking— more than I'd like. Most thoughts were about what Bakugou told me and the memories I forcefully tried to bring back to understand.

To feel what I couldn't and what he did.

In a sense, I felt also lost on who I was because what I thought I knew before was wrong. But I couldn't be upset because since then, I'd grown as a person.

How cliche.

It may have been minimal but the person I was at the sports festival wasn't exactly the same now.

The person at the sports festival was a bit more cold-hearted. Kept a guard up although I'd let people step on it— people like Ren and Emi.

With them, I was always walking on eggshells, careful about what I said or did. He'd never say it to my face but Ren cared more about me being a caster than I did. I had the explicit label of 'danger' over my head all the time around people. I always said I didn't care because it was true but he was my boyfriend. His opinion mattered to me

So in the end, it did make me care.

Maybe a bit too much.

Because before, I'd wake up with only that on my mind. Nervous that someone would run away from me once they knew who I was, scared that I'd forever be shadowed by the vile name my dad shadowed over us but now...

I honestly didn't give a flying fuck.

This build-up of confidence hadn't been done alone and so quickly.

I had better friends to help, my brother's support which was surprising because quite frankly he cared about me but not as much as he does now. Sure, he had some automatic love for me as siblings but it was harder for us to connect since we were distanced for most of our lives. He tried though and made an effort when others wouldn't even go an inch.

But how could I forget the time-bomb himself: Bakugou.

God, how I found him annoying when we first 'met'. Most of that annoyance had been through the fact that I couldn't figure out where I remembered seeing him but of course, I know now after so long.

Something about him around the time of the sports festival just screamed at me; both literally and figuratively. That's where most questions rose in me but it was also a large explanation of his actions.

It explained why he was so comfortable around me. Why our friendship flowed much nicer than it should have been for us only meeting the first time. We had a few bumps in our road but who didn't?