(7) Pistanthrophobia

*Years ago* (You were 7, your brother was 9)

"Y/n?"

I stared out the window.

Fields of rides were out the opposite side, their peaks of mountains they laid on rising and falling. The sun was a spotlight over them.

Creamsicle rays glowing over their bases, reflecting against the water that laid under the root of the plants.

The wind blew causing light sways of the plants at a similar tempo that my foot bounced against the car floor.

The outside was a view that I'd never thought to see.

"Y/n," Senya called louder than he previously had.

"Hmm?" I responded though I didn't turn my head to face him.

"Hey, look at me." He insisted, taking hold of my hand from where it limply laid on the seat.

I flinched, jumping quickly to where I retracted it back.

He gave me a frown, his feelings of sadness being projected through. "I'm not gonna hurt you, okay?" His hand reached out in front of me waiting for him to envelope with his.

I just stared.

We had a few interactions before. Many of them being where we couldn't speak to each other. They were simple looks, peaks toward each other bedroom door.

There were times he'd try to look inside mine, his eyes squinting so tightly to look through the keyhole. But dad would shoo him away.

All these years, I only knew his name.

"I promise. Pinky promise see?" He smiled, lifting his pinky close to my face.

Saying I was confused wouldn't explain that enough. The idea of a promise being sealed with a finger hadn't made any sense.

Carefully, his hand grabbed mine, folding all my fingers except the last smaller one. He wrapped ours together tightly.

And there stood a small blink of hope in his eyes.

"I'll always protect you and be there for you forever!" He declared, grinning ear to ear.

It a promise to me but mostly to himself.

"Okay." I agreed, my lips curved up to match his.

Little did I know that mom was sitting in the driver's seat watching carefully at our interaction.

Tears welled her eyes as she held in her tears. For months, possibly years, she prayed and hope for a moment like this to come.

Though it wasn't with all of us.

She never meant for your lives to turn out the way they did-- that was one of the last things she wanted— but it did and there was nothing to reverse it.

She would try to repay for it and be the best mother to her two extraordinary children.

Because that's what the both of us deserved.

——

"You really think Aizawa asked for us to wear these?" Jiro asked as we walked through the tunnels. Reluctantly she pulled the top, an attempt to cover the exposed skin peeking through.