(2) Metanoia

Explanation of a caster is after chapter 5.

"Senya, get your sister to get out of the damn car before I'm late for work." My mom demanded, a strain in her voice from the early morning grogginess that had yet to leave her body.

"I would if she would stop using her powers to stick herself to it like a damn glue gun." He argued, pulling my arms with each word causing grunting at the end of them.

"I'm okay here," I concluded, tightening my grip. My ground was held, no other obstacle in my way that could change my opinion.

"Y/N, if you don't get out, you're coming to work with me." My mom announced, her upper body turning from the front seat to the back.

So much for holding my ground.

"Fine!" I groaned, pushing my brother away from the door so I could get out. He stumbled back but yet still helped me stand.

"Took you long enough." Senya scoffed, rolling his eyes at me. The thing was, my brother and I got along great. Today had been the opposite end of that and the reason fully had been because of how difficult I had been acting.

"Stop arguing!" My mom scolded us. "You two go already before you're late. Senya, walk your sister to class before going to your own. I'll see you both later after school." She instructed before blowing air kisses and driving away.

Quick to go as usual.

"Let's go," He grabbed my arm, giving it a hitch toward him to follow.

I fixed my sleeves, examining the area around. Buildings were tall, well structured and designed but it was to expect from the top school in the other side of Japan.

Expectations had to be made.

"How are you not the slightest bit nervous?" I wondered, distracting myself from fidgeting.

"Why would I be?" He asked, looking at me as I caught up to meet his walking speed. It had been a mirror image of myself, yet male and older.

"Just figure you'd be nervous about how people react over us. Also because we're back in the city dad last was in."

Our dad hadn't been known for the most heroic of actions, no where close. His title was a murder and to our private family, an abuser.

No amount of time could repay the damage that had been done.

"Who cares what people think about us being casters. We're here to focus on hero studies and that's it." He concluded determined with his affirmations. "And yeah, he was. Mom said something about the staff keeping security higher with us around so chill."

I sighed, stopping outside the door labeled '1-A'.

"Fine, I guess you're right," I murmured, removing hair from my face.

"When am I not? I'll see you after school, try not to scare anyone." He teased before flicking my head and walking out the hall to his own building.

I turned to face the door and looked up at it, fidgeting with the buttons on my chest. These uniforms were far from my favorite.

Reaching for the doorknob, my attention was taken by a glare.

It was my bracelet. Specifically one gifted to me by Ren. The windows behind me shined a light on it, glaring it more than usual.

I'd always worn it, there never being a time where I'd forgotten to. With this new obligated distance between us, it was the only item to keep us close.