i n t r o d u c t i o n

She stood in her room looking outside her window. She wanted to go hang out with her friends but her parents were so incredibly strict, she could barely breathe.

She always felt as though she was trapped in a prison.

Her brother had made it out. He was in college but she was still in high school. She was a senior, 17 turning 18 soon.

"Morgan! Dinner!" Her parents yelled and she just took a deep breath before walking to her mirror.

She tied her wavy brown hair behind her heart shaped face to keep it out of the way. And also because her parents would tell her to when she got to the kitchen.

She walked into the kitchen and watched her mom go all over, preparing everything and making final touches.

"How was school honey?" He father came up to her and tried to make conversation. "It was ok, pretty tired though." She gave a small smile. "But not tired enough to wanna hang out with your friends right?" Her mom spoke and she held in the urge to roll her eyes.

She would talk back but the fear of the repercussions outweighed her useless opinion.

No matter what she said, it was always the same. There were some times she spoke back but it was rare, maybe three times in her life.

Her brother on the other hand could never keep his mouth closed.  He would always talk back, every single time. She loved him for it seeing as it was to protect her but she hated it because he would always get yelled at.

It wasn't pleasing to watch.

"Do you mind if I eat inside actually?" She asked her mom, ignoring the previous question.

"Why're you always in that room? And with the door closed too? Why don't you ever stay out here with us?" She turned to face her daughter, expecting an answer.

'Why does it bother you so much!? I'm alone, not spending money, minding my business and you can keep an eye on me! Why do you care so much!?' is what she wanted to scream but instead she said, "I don't know. I'm only asking because I have homework due."

She did have homework but it wasn't due for a few days. "Fine, go inside." Her mother approved.

She set up the table, grabbed her plate and went to her room. Her mom had made spaghetti with sauce and an egg instead of meatballs.

Just how she liked them.

She could've made them herself but she was inside, feeling tired like she'd told her parents.

She loved to cook. She was always trying to make new foods. Rice and salmon, Lobster and scallops and a whole lot more.

She wrapped the spaghetti around her fork and took a big bite. She grabbed her bluetooth speaker and connected it to her iPhone 8.

Her parents wouldn't allow her to get a later version.

She started playing one of her Spotify playlists because she hated complete silence. She watched shows like Criminal Minds and NCIS which caused her to get nightmares, especially Criminal Minds.

Even though she knows she'll get nightmares, it doesn't stop her from repeating the show.

She jammed to her music while biting into the delicious spaghetti in peace.

Once she was done, she set her bowl to the side, planning to wash it later and grabbed her school-provided laptop to get to work.

She hated the laptop so much. The school had put so much restrictions on it, she couldn't even use certain websites for her schoolwork. Then there was the quality of the camera for when she needed to take pictures of her notebook and submit.