w e l c o m e

*Trigger Warning: Suicide

She was currently in the shower, thinking about her encounter with Agent Nick earlier in her room.

She couldn't go back to sleep after he woke her up. She could never go back to sleep after waking up. He didn't need to know that though.

She had a feeling that he found her as attractive as she found him but she knew nothing could ever happen. She was a minor and he was an adult.

A gorgeous adult.

She got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around herself.

As embarrassing as it is, she hadn't showered in a week simply because she hadn't felt like it and didn't want to get up. Today though, she wanted to get ready just to get ready. Maybe she would record Tik Tok but as of right now, she just planned on taking pictures.

She brushed her teeth and washed her face, completing her morning skin care routine. After she was done, she left her bathroom and went to her closet of clothes, picking a blouse and jeans with a coat over it.

She never really liked the clothes she had but the clothes she wanted were way out of budget so she had to wear what she was given.

She went to her dresser with a mirror in front of it and started doing her makeup. She went for a simple orange look to match with her top.

Once she was done, she headed outside to take some pictures. She knew they wouldn't be aesthetic or good but she still wanted to take pictures.

About 5 minutes later, her mom came outside and saw what she was doing. "What are you doing!?" Her mom screamed at her.

"Just taking pictures." She answered in an obvious tone. "Wearing makeup? Are you trying to impress boys or something? I should've known." Her mom scoffed. "What, no! What're you talking about?" She confusedly asked her mom.

"You're too young for boys." Her mom scolded walking up to her. "I'm- Okay sorry you're right." She cut herself off and walked inside.

She went to her bathroom and washed the makeup off her face before going in her room and laying on her bed, sighing.

Her attention turned to her phone seeing as her friend was calling her. "Hey." She smiled to the phone. "Hey, you good?" Her friend asked her.

She nodded to the dark skin on the other side of the phone. "I just don't wanna be here anymore. Like if I were to get stalked, as crazy as it sounds, and it was someone who actually likes me or even loves me, I won't come back if I had the choice." She chuckled dryly, knowing her friend knew it was a joke.

"Sorry." Her friend gave a soft smile. "Don't worry. Why'd you call?" She asked. "I wanted to play something." She grinned. She chuckled at her friend and opened one of the games they played.

"Dude, when I get a laptop, like a good one, I would get COD, Minecraft, Roblox, Fortnite, Valorant, and Sims 4. Like I would save up just because of the games." She spoke to her friend. "Bruh same! My mom won't get me one though cause she says I already have a tablet." She rolled her eyes.

"But you're rich." She smirked at the inside joke between them. "I'm not rich now shut up and join a game so we can play." Her friend sighed.

After a few hours of playing Roblox with her friend, she got off the phone and went to the kitchen to get something to eat.

"What!? You're out of your room!? Oh my god! Thank God!" Her mom exaggerated, causing her to roll her eyes.

"What're you cooking?" She asked her mom, ignoring her previous statement. "Steak and mashed potatoes." Her mom said. "We wanted lasagna but you don't like cheese so we decided on this instead." Her father said, causing her to feel bad.

A knock on the door interrupted them all. "Taylor!?" She screamed as she opened the door to reveal her brother. "Hey sis!" He chuckled as he hugged her. "Taylor! Oh come here." Her mother pulled him away from her.

"Hey mom, hey dad." He smiled at them. "What're you doing back?" She asked her brother. "We got a break so I thought I'd come back." He smiled at her and she nodded. "Mom made steak and mashed potatoes so come on, unpack and we'll eat." She smiled at her brother.

"Ok. Let's go to your room first." He placed an arm around her shoulder and she smiled.

There were times when they hated each other and times when they loved each other. Typical sibling relationships.

"So, you okay?" He asked her with a concerned look. "Yeah, mom like yelled at me about taking pictures with makeup on earlier. She thought it was for boys. It wasn't and if it was, I'm 17 but I didn't say anything." She confided in her brother.

"You need to start talking to them. You can't just hide your feelings like this. We both know they wouldn't act like this if they knew you tried to hang yourself two years ago." He sighed bringing up the most sensitive subject they knew about.

"I-I know b-but I can't. They'll find a way to blame me or my phone o-or my friends. I cant risk it. I have a few months left. I'll be fine." She smiled at her brother.

"If you say so, now let's go eat." He smiled and carried her off the bed as she giggled.

They walked into the kitchen and went to the dining table in the room next to the kitchen.

"So how was your trip?" Her mom asked him with a small smile. "It was g- Hey, I'm trying to watch the news." Her father interrupted him with an annoyed look on his face.

She looked down and a frown took over her features. "That CNN lady we just saw was black right?" Her father asked. "No, she was white." Her brother corrected him.

"No, I know what I saw, she was black." He glared at her brother. "No dad, she was white." He chuckled. "Are you saying I'm blind now? I cant see right? Huh!?" He asked her brother. "No, I'm just saying. See! She's white." He pointed to the screen seeing the lady come up once again.

"Oh wow!" He chuckled, seeing he was wrong. He wasn't going to apologize, her father was the biggest narcissist she knew and her mom knew it too. She would always side with him so her brother would be alone because she never spoke up to them.

"I'm going inside." She washed her dishes and walked away. "Of course you are." Her mom scoffed and she felt tears threaten to fall.

She walked inside her room and bawled her eyes out. She felt so horrible and just wanted to be gone. She never wanted to live with them again.

"Someone please get me out of here." She cried out to no one, not knowing someone was listening.

But she wouldn't mind if someone was. She's been called ugly and bullied since she was in fifth grade but her parents expect her to be so confident in herself.

There were times she thought she was pretty but that lasted a few hours and was never enough. She wanted to be happy with how she was but she just couldn't be.

"I hate this. I hate me. I hate everything. I just want to die." She cried.

She wanted a boyfriend so badly. She knew she didn't need a man but she desperately needed the affection of one.

Soon she fell asleep after crying for half an hour.