p a s t

Morgan woke up and had a small smile on her face as she saw the sun shining through the curtains. Her mind completely blanked on the events of the previous night until she sat up and tried to move and felt extreme pain in her lower region. She let out a loud yelp that woke Nick.

"What happened? Are you ok, baby?" Nick frantically asked, scared something happened. "My legs." She groaned. "Your le- Oh, your legs" He smirked as he realized what she meant.

"This is serious! I can't move." She threw her body back down on the bed in exasperation. "I'm sorry, baby." He gently kissed her stomach. "It's fine." She grabbed the sides of his face and pulled him up to give him a deep kiss.

"Rest for a little then we're going out." He muttered before he gently nipped her neck and stood up.

"So what do you wanna eat?" He asked after he saw her nod to his previous request.

"I don't know." She whispered to him, raising up her hands to motion a hug. He sat on the edge of the bed and hugged her, carrying her onto his lap so she straddled him.

"You okay, baby?" He asked as he held her, placing a small kiss on the side of her head. She shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know how to explain it. I just want a hug" She whispered. "Ok." He simply said.

She didn't know how long it was until her eyes closed and she went back to sleep. Meanwhile, he got up and went to his office, working on keeping everyone off his trail.

After a few hours, she woke up and found the bed empty next to her. She slightly frowned before slowly standing up, trying to walk through the slight pain. She knocked on his office door before walking in.

"Yeah, come in, baby." He spoke through the door before she opened it. He took a deep breath and removed his hand from his hair, looking up at the beauty staring at him with a frown on her face.

"What's wrong?" She walked over to him. "Nothing, just stressed. Tired, y'know?" She nodded before placing a kiss on his forehead. "It's ok. What is it, what's going on?" She queried.

"Nothing, I don't want you to worry about it." He closed the laptop, ending the conversation. "Now, let's go get something to eat, hmm?" He stood up, turning and walking her toward their bathroom.

Walking in, they begun getting ready for their outing today. Even with cops all over the country looking for them, he didn't allow that to stop him from showing his girl the city she loved.

She brushed her teeth while he took a shower and they switched once he was done. She got out and started her skincare, leaving her face mask on for the required five minutes, brushing her lips while she waited.

Once they were both done, they chose each other's outfits. "Where're we going? I don't know what to pick out for you." She asked in hopes of getting even a small hint as to what he had planned. "You don't need to know or worry about that. I'll pick my own clothes baby, ok?" He dodged the question.

"Not very fair." She whined.

"Life isn't fair." He kissed her nose with a sly grin on his face.

She huffed and looked at the clothes he had laid out for her. A tight black long sleeve crop top with her army green cargo pants and green Jordan's. It was as if he read her mind and just knew her sudden obsession with baggy pants and tight tops.

"Thank you!" She grinned at him, immediately forgetting the disagreement from earlier.

"Mm-hmm, you're welcome baby" He gave her ass a light slap as he leaned down to give her a kiss on her cheek.

She went to her phone and opened Spotify, shuffling one of her playlists. 'Runnin' by 21 Savage was the first one to play, one of her favorites.

She sang along and danced as she got dressed while Nick just laughed at her behavior.