s c a r e d

*Trigger Warning: Ophidiophobia
(fear of snakes)

She groaned as she woke up with a throbbing headache. She looked around her surroundings and noticed a gorgeous room around her.

It was like the room she wanted. A mixture of the rooms she pinned on one of her Pinterest boards.

"What the hell...?" She muttered out. Her head turned to the door as she noticed it starting to open.

"A-Agent Gray? W-What am I doing here? What're you doing here?" She asked as she tried to stand up.

He quickly rushed to her side as she fell, unable to walk.

Suddenly, the memories of what had happened the day before came running into her mind.

"W-What the hell!" She pushed him away. "You remember?" He smiled softly at her. "Yeah, I remember! Just let me go!" She yelled at him.

"Watch your tone." His voice turned cold and distant. She could practically see his dominance dripping from him. She cleared her throat and looked down before getting back on the bed.

"W-What do you want from me?" She whispered, keeping her eyes on the hardwoods floor of the room. "I just want you. As fucking twisted as it sounds." He let out an exasperated sigh.

"W-Why?" She whispered, looking up at him.

She wanted to go home. Weirdly, she felt safe with him though. Maybe because he's an FBI Agent or some other dumb, unknown reason.

"I don't know. It started when I saw you in front of the crime scene." He told her, staring at her face.

"W-What? What're you talking about? What did?" She asked. "My... obsession? I guess you could call it that." He rubbed both hands down his face.

"I-I don't know what to say." She whispered. "Please, just take me home. I promise I won't tell anyone what happened." She begged.

"As pretty as you sound begging for me, you can't princess." He smiled.

She felt disgusted. She was starting to regret everything she'd said about her parents and brother. Hating them, wanting to leave. Everything.

"This is your room." He spoke, pulling her away from her thoughts. "That's your computer, your closet, it's empty right now but when you want to, come meet me and I'll let you buy some new ones and that's your bathroom. Have fun." He smiled before walking out of the room and locking the door behind him.

She sighed and curled up into a ball, feeling tears well up in her eyes. "I wanna go home." She quietly sniffled.

Before she knew it, she was fast asleep. She hadn't even heard Nick enter her room and she was a pretty light sleeper.

"Sleep tight, beautiful. I'll see you later." He whispered before walking back out to his office, making sure to lock the doors.

He sat down in his chair before grabbing his work phone and calling Garcia. "Hey, I'm not gonna be able to come to work for a couple of weeks." He explained. "Why? Is everything okay?" Garcia checked, making sure his friend was okay.

"Yeah just personal family issues." He sighed, knowing Garcia would believe it.

"Alright. Hope it all turns out well. I'll let the team know. See you later." He said before hanging up.

He sighed before thinking of everything he'd done in the past month.

One fucking month.

Years of hard work to become an agent and it was gone in a month.