XV

☆Hongjoong's Pov:

•2 weeks later:

📱New Message: Mingi
Mingi:
Hello, you there?

Mingi:
When did you get back? Are you dead?

Joong:
How dare you, I am alive and home, i returned 2 weeks ago? How long did you think I stayed? It was only a day..

Mingi:
How was your visit? Did you have fun?

Joong:
It was nice.

Mingi:
Anything interesting? Anything worth mentioning?

Joong:
Nope!

Mingi:
How disappointing....

Joong:
Was there anything else?

Mingi:
No, Just wondered if anything interesting happened... you two are so boring!

Joong:
Even if it did i wouldn't say, especially to you. You're a complete snitch

Mingi:
Oh?? Does that mean something did happen?? Hmm??

Joong:
You will never know! I am off to get some food! :)

I quickly stuffed my phone into my pocket as i rushed out of my bedroom and down the hallway towards the back of the castle where the maids kitchen was.

There was one person inside as i walked in and sat down on the stool to wait.

"Oh! You made me jump! I did not hear you come in!"

"Sorry Byeongkwan... i did not mean to scare you..."

"No need to worry, it is alright. What was it you needed? Are you hungry?"

"Are there any cookies or snacks?"

"Let me have a look, I think Jun baked some this morning? One moment!"

Byeongkwan looked through some of the cupboards for a few minutes before pulling out a white box filled with cookies with a smile.

He handed over the basket as i hopped down from the stiil and took it with a smile.

"Perfect! Thank you, byeongkwan!"

"No problem your highness, let us know if you need anything else"

"Ah, I have said it before, Hongjoong is fine, and Tell Jun i said thank you too"

"I will, Hongjoong"

I closed the door to the maids kitchen behind me as i walked out of the kitchen holding the small box of cookies in my hands.

After i arrived back in my bedroom, i placed the cookie box down on my desk and took out a couple before I sat with a book for a while.

I couldn't concentrate on the book as the pages began to mix together and the words began to blur.

Ever since I returned back home my mind has been a complete mess....

I couldn't stop thinking back to that day, I couldn't tell if I regretted doing it or not...

I wasn't sure why I did it, it just felt like the right thing to do at the time...

But the more I think about it, the more it seemed like the wrong decision....

I hadn't heard a thing from him since I left, although I didn't give him much chance to speak to me as I left about an hour after...

I felt like I should try to speak to him...

So I did. I took my phone from my back pocket and scrolled for a moment before hovering my finger over his name.

I pressed call after a few seconds of mentally debating what to do and say, it didn't take long for him to pick up and speak on the other end.