IX

☆Seonghwa's pov:

There was a loud knocking on my bedroom door as I slowly woke up, to say I was confused would be an understatement.

The knocking continued for another minute before a person spoke on the other side of the door

"Seonghwa? Are you in there? I need to ask you a question."

I mumbled something even I couldn't fully understand before opening my eyes and looking over at the door to speak again.

"Hm.... Who is it...? What is going on?"

If I weren't so tired and comfortable, I would have gotten out of bed to go and see who it was.....

"Sorry to wake you, seonghwa. i know it is quite early..., I just needed to know of you have Hongjoong at all? I checked his room and he is not there.."

This confused me even more as I stared at the door in silence before attempting to sit up in bed. As soon as I moved to sit up, I was pulled back down to lay down.

I immediately looked down and saw an arm around my waist holding on tightly before following it over to see who it was.

I panicked as I saw him fast asleep beside me, I didn't know he was there...

Why was he here....

It took me a minute or two to remember everything that had happened last night and why he was in my room of all places.

•Last Night

"And I can not believe you sat there on your phone for the whole meal. You think that I did not see you? Who were you talking to?"

"I- can you really blame me? I was uncomfortable!"

My mother seemed angered by what I said as she sighed while massaging her temples before speaking again, I wanted to leave...

But I was stuck here, she was standing in front of the chair I was sitting in before she had arrived...

I was still holding a book in my hand as she was berating me.

"You are acting like a child."

"You treat me as though I am one. If you treated me like an adult, then maybe I would begin acting like one."

"Because you cannot be trusted, I try to do my best and do what I believe will benefit you the most and you could not care less! I do not know what had flipped with you recently, but I suggest you flip it back before I begin to lose my temper."

"It is not that something has flipped, it is that I am tired of you making choices for me! I want to marry someone who I love, why can I not do that? I am not the one who has changed recently, it is you! You have switched and it is terrifying to see!"

"Because if you do that, then what will happen to the kingdom and its future?"

"Why is that more important than my happiness?"

"Hundreds of peoples happiness outweighs one person's happiness. Especially when it comes to priorities, seonghwa. And tell me this, what would happen if you were to do things your way. You spend years alone, marry another man, and the kingdom finds out. You would be killed for it, yes it is something that you can not help but it is something serious. They already dislike you because of what you are. So please do not give them any more reasons to hate you. If you do as I say, everything will be okay, and their opinions on you will all be positive and you will be safe!"

"Just say it, they are ashamed of me. You are ashamed of me and are trying to quickly turn me into someone that I am not.... you are turning me into someone you can actually be proud of...."

Princes ☆ SeongJoongजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें