I

《All relevant character description/styles will be at the end》

☆Seonghwa's POV:

I was sitting alone in the library reading a book in silence when i heard the sound of the door opening with a click. As I looked away from the pages of the book, I saw my mother walking in the room with a kind smile on her face.

She was visibly happy as her tail swayed from side to side behind her while her ears gently twitched on the top of her head.

She stayed quiet as she sat down in the black armchair opposite the one I was currently resting in.

"Hello sweetheart, How are you doing, did you rest well?"

"I am doing well.... Did you need me?"

"Actually, I wanted to come and see how you were doing. I wanted to make sure you were not feeling nervous about tomorrow."

"No, I feel perfectly fine...."

"Well, that is good. The last thing I want is for you to be worried sick about it"

"Is a party not a bit pointless? All it means is that I am getting older..."

"Excuse me, mister, you are not old. Not to mention, it is your 21st birthday. And that is a very big event."

I sat there and rolled my eyes before looking back down to my book. I could see her stand up from her seat as she walked over to me gracefully before reaching her hand out to gently pat the top of my head.

"I just wanted to make sure that my little baby was happy."

My mother laughed as she leant over and pinched my cheeks.

"Hey. I'm not a baby.!"

"Yes, you are. You are my baby. So deal with it."

After sitting and talking with me for an hour or so, She said goodbye and walked out of the library to speak with someone else.

I stayed in the library reading for the rest of the morning before being informed that there was food ready for me by our maid, Yeosang.

He was one of the only maids in the castle that I actually would get along with. He didn't treat me any differently because of what I was, he treated me like he would anyone else and I was beyond grateful for it...

There was no staff that were normal Humans like me with no tails and normal human ears, My Mother often tried to help me feel included as i was the only Royal for generations that wasn't a hybrid.

There were many rumours that spread almost instantly after i was revealed as a baby as to why there was a human child, instead of being a hybrid like her and my father.

Many even rumoured that there were two children, that the wrong child was sent away.... But that was not true. My mother was not the type of person to just send someone away, especially not a child...

She cared about everyone, she wasn't the type to abandon something or someone....

She hadn't abandoned me after all of these years despite everything that people said or did....