Friendship

TRISS's HOUSE - Novigrad

Yennefer heard a soft knock on her door. She didn't have to guess who was it, she knew it was him. Almost three days passed after she told him to let her go and despite this he showed up again. She really wondered why.
In these three days happened many things. Geralt was trying to manage his thoughts. The only way how he will able to do it was to continue in investigation and getting more clues. But the most importantly he also needed to figure it out how to get Yennefer back. So he decided to start from the beginning where it all started. He came back to the house where Megascope's explosion almost killed them. He was sure that something wasn't making sense there, that he overlooked something and he was right. In the lab he found out a secret door which lead to another room. He went to some table and he couldn't believe his own eyes. There were so many papers with notes about him and Yennefer. Someone knew almost everything about them and this was making Geralt really uncomfortable. He also found an instructions how to build the bomb and on lab's table were remains of the potion which cursed Yennefer. Geralt started to be hopeless because he didn't know how he will find that bastard who did this to his Yennefer. This mage or who the hell he was let some clues after all but nothing useful for Geralt. It was obvious that he was playing with them. Geralt searched the whole room again, he was looking at every detail, every small thing which could gave him at least some clue. But he didn't find anything. After almost four hours of searching for something Geralt decided to leave from that room. But fortunately the luck didn't forget on him that day. When Geralt was leaving he noticed something thrown in the corner. It was an Amulet and it was clear that it belonged to some mage or someone really powerful. Geralt got a hope again. He needed to identify mage's identity by using this Amulet. He knew that only the mages were able to do it and in that moment he immediately knew where his next step will lead. He couldn't be more happier. He finally had a good reason to visit her and he also knew that maybe he would have one of the last opportunities to solve things between him and Yen once and for all. He knew he can't screw it up this time.

So there he was, knocking on hers doors knowing that he won't get any lovely invitation, knowing that she will sent him away again and despite this he was here to try it. After couple of seconds he softly opened the door and entered into her room. He came towards her.
"Why did I owe such an unexpected visit?" she raised her eyes on him. She was sitting on the sofa.
"I wanted to see you." Geralt said calmly.
"Oh, really? Since when you care about my life so much?" she said sarcastically.
"I do care about you, I'm your friend." he stated. It was weird for him to use this word. She was never just a friend for him.
"You're just my next mistake Geralt. Nothing else." Yennefer slowly stood up and then she stepped in front of him. She crossed her arms and she was waiting. Geralt knew that she wants the real reason why he came and that she also won't let him go without telling her. He sighed.
"Fine, actually.. I am here because I could really use your expertise.. and as I see your not busy, are you?" he raised his eyebrow.
"Actually shocker.. I am busy and you really didn't choose a good day for your annoying witcherness.." she smirked.
"Why are you acting like this?" he looked at her with frustration.
"Like what? A nightmare dressed like a daydream?" Yennefer faked her smile.
"I couldn't describe it better." he admitted. He had problem to concentrate when she was standing so close to him.
"Our deal is over. It means we're done. Did you really think it's gonna last forever or what?" she raised her eyebrow. Geralt shaked his head.
"No.. I want to.." she interrupted him.
"You don't have to explain this to me. I've got a long list of my ex-lovers, so I can read you like a book. I know what you want.. you want to sleep with me." Yennefer stated. Geralt was trying to not start blushing.
"Ahm.." he cleared his throat. "To be honest who wouldn't want it..." Geralt looked at her from tips to head.
"Gosh.. this is unbelievable." she rolled her eyes. "Get out Geralt. You're really getting on my nerves." she said strictly.
"But I.." she cut him.
"I said get out." she gave him a death stare.
"Yen, I'm sorry. I didn't want to offend you." he was trying to be polite.
"But you did." Yennefer said without emotions. She started playing with her hair.
"You really want to sent me away?" he wanted to be sure.
"You upset me again.. and you do it very often which really starts to piss me off." she said angrily.
"So you want to kick me out because of this? It's really a small reason why to do it." Geralt stated. He looked straight to her eyes.
"It is.. but I also know you will come back to me each time you leave." Yennefer said confidently. He gave her surprised look. He didn't expect these words from her.
"Well, it's nice that you think that.. I mean that you finally admitted that we're two are something.." Geralt smiled at her. He was really happy that she cared about him. She gave him confused look.