Hire

SOMEWHERE IN NOVIGRAD - Redania

He knocked on the door and entered inside.
She was doing something with the elixirs in her small lab on the table.
"You found me." she said without looking at him.
"It seems so. You wrote the address.." Geralt answered calmly. He stood up to the middle of the room. She didn't say anything. Geralt was waiting but then he decided to end the quiet.
"So, what do you.." she cut him.
"There's one house where is very high magic activity and I must find the source of it and deactivate it." she explained.
"As I am aware of your magic capabilities, you don't need me." he stated but he was also confused.
"Of course I don't need you, but there's also some monster inside this house and I don't have time to deal with her. I needed witcher and you somehow showed in front of me." she stop preparing the elixir and she turned to him.
"So someone hired you to do this a job but I should do it for you?" Geralt raised his eyebrows.
"Correct." she admitted.
"You know I work for money." he looked at her.
"So do I." she smiled at him.
"I'm not working for free." he smirked.
"You don't want to help me?" she raised her eyebrow.
"I didn't say that. I said.." she interrupted him.
"I know what you said. I'm not deaf." Yennefer said strictly. "I will give your revard but I don't know what it will be yet." she faked her smile.
"Yennefer, do not try to cheat on me." he warned her.
"Do you have any idea who I am or what I'm capable of?" her face got serious.
"I had a pleasure to find out already." he answered calmly. But when he saw her face he knew he upset her and he also knew what was coming.
"Then you should remember to never threaten me again. I can leave you breathless or with nasty scars. I can kill you with one spell which you wouldn't even notice. I ain't no angel. I never was." she warned him.
"I'm not afraid of you." Geralt said confidently.
"Oh, you should be... They will tell you I'm insane." she smiled sarcastically. "Ain't it funny how quickly rumors spread?" she said thoughtfully.
"You're not insane. I would certainly notice it." he told her without hesitation.
"Are you flirting with me?" she laughed.
"No. I'm definitely not flirting with you. I would certainly do it in different way." he made it clear. It was so hard to talk with her in this way. He thought it will be easier if he knew her already, but she's never stopped surprising him.
"Maybe you're not flirting with me but now you admitted that you like me." she smiled amusemently. He was speechless. He didn't have any good argument.
"So I got my answer... You can't deny your heart for mine.." she laughed and she returned back to her small lab. He wanted to say something but he didn't know what. She won again and he hated it.

"Where will we start working?" Geralt asked her. He was frowning.
"I prepared something for you." she turned to him with some elixir. Geralt gave her confused look.
"How you..? Never mind..What is it?" he started to be suspicious.
"I wanna test your reflexes. This potion will get them faster." she explained.
"I won't drink that." he stated.
"Why not?" Yennefer raised her eyebrow.
"Because I don't trust you." he said honestly. He trusted her with all his heart but not this Yennefer. This Yennefer could be very smart but also a bitch. He had to be careful.
"It's a pity." she said calmly. "Alright, then we can go." she looked at him.
"Am I missing something?" he narrowed his eyes on her. She's never gave up so easily.
"Yes. You're missing sense of humor. Can you ever just relax for a minute?" she laughed sarcastically and she came closer to him.
"It's impossible when I'm with you." he answered calmly.
"Is it?" she smiled. She stood up in front of him.
"Yen.." he looked into her eyes. She got surprised.
"Yen..." she said thoughtfully and smiled under her nose. "So you're giving nicknames to all your ladies?" she raised her eyebrow.
"Your the first." he faked his smile.
"How did I owe such a privilege?" she put her hand on his face. She was playing with him.
Because you're special for me.. He wanted to tell her.
"I'm just trying to be polite." he smirked and softly took her hand and pulled it away from his face.
"I've never met any polite man in my life, not to mention a witcher. They don't exist." she made it clear.
"If you hasn't met anyone doesn't mean they don't exist." Geralt laughed a bit.
"Stop this clever talking. I'm grown up woman, not a child." Yennefer smirked.
"You can be also very unpleasant.." he admitted.
"Exactly. Then don't try my patience. It's very fragile." she gave him angry look. "We're leaving." she stated and went to the door. Geralt was smiling. He kind of missed these conversations between them.