Found something

OXENFURT - Redania

"This is so delicious. I've never eaten better." Ciri said while she was eating the profiterole. They were sitting on the wall and staring at the town. The sun was getting down and the light of the sun was shining the roofs of houses.
"Being a witcher has sometimes advantages. You've gotten to find some interesting places and this bakery is a perfect example." Geralt smiled.
"What were you doing in Oxenfurt anyway?"
"I was invited on meeting with king Radovid."
"I thought you were trying to stay neutral when it's about politics." Ciri raised her eyebrow.
"I was back then and I'm still trying to stay neutral. But sometimes you have to sacrifice your values if you want save your friends." Geralt explained.
"Whom did you help if I may ask?"
"Of course you can ask." Geralt smiled at her. "At this time, witches and mages were hunted through the whole Continent. I was in Novigrad because of some contract on monsters but I met Triss and she asked me for help for herself and her friends. I couldn't say no to her. I wanted to make a deal with a Radovid to help us to stop the hunting but then I found out he was the one who was behind it. We needed to act quickly.." Geralt looked seriously at Ciri. "So, I joined the group which then overthrowned Radovid and later he was killed."
"Oh my got, did you kill him Geralt?" Ciri got surprised.
"No, of course not. I said I was part of it, not that I was a king slayer." Geralt said with laughing.
"Why you've never told me this before?" Ciri laughed.
"Because you've never asked." the witcher laughed. "And to be honest it's not the information which I want to share to the world. You know, I could be really killed for this."
"I'm glad you've told me." Ciri smiled.
"Always Ciri." Geralt pulled her to his arms and hugged her.
"But I would like to hear more about your past." she said with teasing tone. Geralt pulled from her and looked at her.
"Not everything from my past is for your ears." he tapped her nose with his finger.

"Coward." Ciri pulled out her tongue on him.
"Maybe." Geralt crossed his arms. "But now you're the one who in three days still haven't said a word about what happened in the Elven Ruins."
Ciri's facial expression changed in that moment.
"Maybe I don't want to talk about it."
"I just want to know you're okay Ciri."
"I'm fine Geralt. You don't have to worry about me."
"Then why you don't want to tell me what happened there?" Geralt looked straight into her eyes. He knew her too well.
Ciri stayed silent.
"Did he hurt you? I swear I'm gonna kick his ass if.."
She interrupted him. "No, he didn't." she paused. "At least not physically.. He was behaving like a moron. That's all."
"And this bothers you so much that you don't want to talk about it?" he raised his eyebrow. He didn't believe her.
"Yes, it bothers me." she raised her voice but then she realized that she said it loud. She sighed. "I thought he can change, I thought he is different.. but I was wrong." she said with disappointment.
"Yet he decided to save you your life." Geralt admitted. Yen clearly didn't tell her about Gabriel breakdown, neither the young witcher.
"Why are you defending him?" Ciri angrily crossed his arms.
"I'm not defending him. I just want to say that the change is not easy. Sometimes is even not possible. But if you're angry on him it means you've seen something in him. Something good. But he let you down.. that's why are you upset."
"Are you doing a therapy to me?"
"Maybe."
"Well, it calmed me down, so it must be helping." she snuggled closer to him and put her head on his shoulder.
"Yennefer has teach me well." he laughed a bit and caressed her back.
"It can be seen."

Geralt's face changed. "Everyone has wounds inside us Ciri.. but unfortunately some of them refuse to heal. Sometimes it takes time, but sometimes not even the time is enough."
"It still doesn't apologize his behavior." she said without emotions.
"No, it doesn't."
"I have a wounds too and I don't behave like an idiot." she pulled away from Geralt.
"To be honest I was also behaving like an idiot sometimes.." Geralt said with laughing.
"Stop defending him already." Ciri elbowed him into his ribs. "I'm trying to be serious." she laughed.
"Me too. I was just trying to say that people can change. But most of the time they need another person to help them with it. I wasn't the best person before I met Yen and look at me now. I've changed a lot. I'm a better man now." the witcher explained.
"You've had always been a good man Geralt." she looked at him.
"No, I wasn't. I've done a bad things which I still regret.. I hurt lot of people." Geralt smiled sadly. "But the past don't define us Ciri. The presence does. Always remember it." he caressed her hair.
"So, you're telling me I should give him another chance?" Ciri was confused but she didn't showed it on herself.
"Yes, you should."
"What if is not possible?"
"Anything is possible. You just have to believe in it." he smiled.
"After all my Yennefer gave me another chance when I broke her heart. She shouldn't have to do it but she did. She loved me despite my mistakes. And look how it worked." Geralt laughed a bit.
"But it also shouldn't.." Ciri said teasingly.
"Yeah, you're right. But there's always a risk when you put your trust in someone. But if you never try you never know."
"I think I'm gonna try it then. Like you said, we never know.." Ciri smiled.
"I'm proud of you." Geralt caught her hand. She squeezed it.