The way out

ELVEN RUINS - Unknown destination

Gabriel searched at least five another corridors when he spotted her laying on the ground. His heart skipped a beat. There was still a chance she could survive the fall. He's never believed in Gods but now he wished he would. Because only some miracle could save her. He started running towards her when suddenly into his way jumped a Wolf but two times bigger than usual. Gabriel got surprised but at the same times he was cursing himself that he was so blind and he didn't notice him. The Wolf immediately attacked him but only now Gabriel noticed it wasn't the ordinary Wolf but it was ghost of the wolf. Gabriel started using all of his techniques what he has learned and he was succeeding. The Wolf didn't have a chance against him. Gabriel did a pirouette, then jumped on the side, repelled the Wolf's bite and he made a final blow. But in that moment the ghost of the Wolf disappeared and Gabriel hit only the air. He stayed confused but then he was pushed to the ground. The Wolf attacked him from behind and bit his arm. Gabriel sighed painfully but managed to quickly stood up. Then he repelled some of the Wolf attacks, waited on the best opportunity and he stabbed the Wolf. He didn't wait any longer and he went towards her.

"Ciri.." Gabriel knelt down next to her. She was unconscious and her forehead was full from blood. She had to hit her head when she landed on the ground. Gabriel leaned closer to her chest and started listening her heartbeat. Thankfully she had it.
He noticed she was also slowly breathing.
"Ciri, wake up." he softly slapped her face with his hand. "C'mon, Ciri.. we're running of time." he started shaking her arms.
"Cirilla.. please wake up." he again slapped her face. He started to be helpless because she wasn't waking up. Then he got an idea. He leaned his lips towards hers and he was ready to kiss her.
Suddenly his face stopped hers hand.
"Do not even think about it."
"I knew it will work." Gabriel gave smiled from ear to ear.
"You came.." she tried to smile.
"I couldn't let my friend die.." he said teasingly. Ciri almost started blushing because of his words but she managed to stay calm and answered. "Thank you."
"We need to go. Geralt is not in the very comfortable situation right now." he explained.
"What happened?" she started to be worried.
"Later. Now he needs our help." Gabriel looked at her legs. "I think your head is alright for now but can you walk?"
"I thinks so." she tried to stood up but then she sighed painfully and fell down to the ground. "I take it back, I can't walk. My leg is broken." Ciri looked frustrated at Gabriel.
"Be glad I have strong muscle because then you would have to be crawling." he was ready to raise her into his arms but she stopped him.
"Gabriel, your arm is bleeding.."
"I don't know what are you talking about."
"Gabriel, I can literally see your arm is.." he interrupted her.
"Is fine. I've been worse." Gabriel raised her into her arms from the ground. "Where it will be my princess?" he made a cocky smile.
"Don't enjoy it that much.." Ciri rolled her eyes.
"You have no idea how much I'm enjoying it.." Gabriel kissed her cheek and then he immediately got a slap on his face.
"Well, I deserved it."
"Yes, you did."
Gabriel then started searching for exit with his eyes but in that moment he froze because he couldn't believe his own eyes.
"I must tell you Cirilla, you have a talent to end up almost dead on very special places.." he started smiling. "Look."
"What are you talk.." her words stuck in throat.
"So, you will have you treasure after all."

Geralt's adrenaline was working on hundred percent. He managed to kill two Scolopendromorphs but three were still lasting. But he wasn't stupid, he knew there are more Scolopendromorphs in this big nest and if Ciri and Gabriel won't return soon, he will lose the fight.
"Geralt!" she screamed.
The witcher got a hope.
"I found the crystal!" Yennefer told him when she entered into a room. She said a spell and one Scolopendromorph flew out to the wall. She stepped next to Geralt.
"Where are they? They should be here already." Yennefer told him worried and then used a spell again.
"I don't know."Geralt did a pirouette and stabbed one Scolopendromorph.
"I will go to fin.. " suddenly she was interrupted by a scream of monsters. Three more Scolopendromorphs climbed out from the ground. Geralt looked at her.
"I'm running out of my energy.. I don't know how long I'll be able to fight.." the witcher started heavily breathing.
"I'm gonna cover you. Just fight till you can."
And they both did. They both were fighting. Geralt was dancing with his sword and Yennefer was using the spells. They were ready to give their children some time even if this would cost they own life. But fortunately the destiny was on their side today.