Betrayal ~ part 1

SOMEWHERE IN THE STREETS - Novigrad

Lambert was already waiting on them when they came to the place where they were all suppose to meet.
"Finally. What took you so long?" Lambert frowned. Yennefer narrowed her eyes at him.
"Nice to meet you too Lambert.. We had to solve some issues. That's all." Geralt answered calmly but his eyes were still full of excitement. Lambert noticed it.
"Wait, did you two just had a sex?" Lambert said with laughing.
"No.. why you think that?" Geralt was trying to act normally. But the truth was he was an awful actor.
"Well, because you look like a starving pet and you're just standing next to her. So, you definitely had to do it." Lambert laughed. Geralt wanted to kill him with his eyes. Yennefer sighed.
"Bloody hell. Yes, we had sex. You wanted to join us or what?" she said strictly.
"No, thanks." Lambert frowned and Yennefer gave him a death stare. "To be clear I would rather die then.."
Geralt interrupted him. "Do you have the Amulet or not?" he changed the topic before they two would have fight with each other again.
"Yes. Here." Lambert gave it to Geralt and rolled his eyes.
"Have you ever seen anything like this?" Geralt showed it to Yennefer.
"I have. Mages sometimes use it to create a strong spells if they don't have enough power. But those things are very unique. It's very hard to get it. I really wonder where you two got it.." she said suspiciously and took the Amulet from Geralt's hand and then she started to examine it.
"Can you identify to whom it belongs?" Geralt ignored her comment.
"It won't be easy but I can try it." Yennefer said calmly. She started focusing and then saying something in Older speech. Lambert leaned closer to her to see what she was doing.
"What the hell are you doing?" she gave him a killer look.
"Making sure that you won't break it because we need it." Lambert faked his smile.
"I will only break your neck if you won't step away from me right now." Yennefer warned him. He hesitated.
"Lambert, step away." Geralt looked at him strictly. Lambert smirked and went further away from her.
"I'm only doing it because of Geralt. I still don't trust you." he looked at her.
"Neither do I." she faked her smile and then she continued speaking in Older speech and the Amulet started a little bit shaking. Lambert started frowning.

Almost ten minutes passed when Yennefer finished with the spell.
"I found out owner of the Amu.." she didn't finished because her head spun and she lost her balance but Geralt managed to catch her.
"Are you alright?" he looked at her worriedly when he was holding her arms. She came back to mind.
"Yes, I think so. Just a little exhaustion from the spell." she was still a bit confused.
"You said you know the name.." Geralt looked at her seriously. He was still holding her, making sure she won't fall down again.
"Yes. This Amulet belongs to Assire var Anahid. I've never heard about this mage." Yennefer explained. Geralt immediately looked worriedly at Lambert. They both knew him and also knew for whom he was working.
"We don't know him either." Geralt stated. Lambert got surprised. Yennefer noticed that something was very odd with them.
"We should tell h.." Geralt interrupted Lambert.
"We will meet in the Tavern at the evening. Call the witchers." he started to be irritated. Lambert saw it, he knew exactly why Geralt was acting this way. Geralt then looked at Yennefer.
"I will take you home. You're not in good condition." he was serious.
"I can teleport myself. You don't have to help me." Yennefer said confidently.
"Yen, please don't make it harder for me." his voice changed. It sounded very desperate. Yennefer quickly realized that they weren't telling her everything. It was clear now.
"Fine." she answered calmly but she was ready to confront Geralt when they will be alone. Geralt looked at Lambert for the last time. Lambert nodded. Then they all went their separate ways.

They were walking past the main market.
"How are you feeling?" Geralt asked her while he was holding her arm.
"Geralt you've asked me this for the fifth time already. I told you I'm fine." Yennefer sighed.
"Yeah, but your face doesn't seem fine." he didn't want to give up.
"Well, your face isn't so good-looking too since I told you about the mage's name.." she confronted him.
"I.. I... he is.." Geralt's mind was racing.
"Geraalt!" some dwarf called on him. It was Zoltan Chivay. Geralt couldn't be more grateful in that moment because he really didn't have prepared any good explanation for Yen without disclosing everything. They stopped walking and the dwarf came to them.
"Greetings Zoltan, what a coincidence.." Geralt laughed sarcastically and he was acting like they weren't interrupt in serious talk seconds later. He and Zoltan shaked hands. The dwarf then looked at sorceress.
"Lady Yennefer, pleasure to meet you too again." Zoltan said kindly.
"You are not that bad when you're sober." Yennefer laughed a bit. Geralt got surprised and confused at the same time cause Yen shouldn't have remember Zoltan.
"Maybe I should start drink less whiskey.." Zoltan laughed.
"Wait, you two know each other?" Geralt was very confused now.
"Yes, we do." Yennefer answered calmly.
"We met in the tavern." Zoltan explained. "Don't worry, Eskel told me." he smiled at Geralt.
"Oh, that's a relief.. cause I thought you don't know, well, you know.." Geralt's reaction was so pure but he forgot that Yennefer was standing next to him. Now Yennefer was the one who was confused but she didn't show it on herself.
"Well, your witcher brother has your back obviously." Zoltan said with laughing. Then Geralt realized that Yennefer was also listening to their conversation.
"Hey, Zoltan remember that thing we were talking about last time we met?" Geralt begged him with his eyes to continue in his game.
"What?" Zoltan was confused. Geralt started doing gestures with his face to get Zoltan's attention. The dwarf then understood.
"Oh... yes, that thing.. how could I forget? Silly me.." Zoltan laughed nervously. He was also very bad at acting.
"Then tomorrow morning at Feather's street." Geralt faked his smile.
"Hilarious!" Zoltan pretended excitement.
"I.." Geralt cleared his throat. "We should go.." Geralt was trying to act normally. Yennefer was standing next to them without a word. Their conversation was so weird and she again knew that they weren't telling the whole truth.
"Yes, of course.. Farewell.." Zoltan started smiling.
"Shall we?" Geralt was trying to smile when he looked at her.
"We have to." Yennefer answered honestly. They started leaving.