Raven

NOVIGRAD - Redania

"Why are you in Oxenfurt? I miss you here." She caressed his wet hair.
"I've got a job there." He kissed her neck.
"You barely visit me."
He pressed his lips on her shoulder. "That's not true."
"You've visited me only four times since you left there. That's neglecting witcher."
"You're exaggerating." He laughed a bit.
"You have a new girl there. Haven't you?" She narrowed her eyes on him.
"Just one waitress in the Tavern."
"Better than me?"
"No, one night stand. You have different spot in my heart."
"I had to hear incorrectly. You really said you have a heart?" She laughed.
"Anna.." He leaned over her. "Make yourself a tea. Okay?" He kissed her lips.
"Don't worry, I will."
"Good." He stood up from the bed and grabbed his pants and then his shirt.
"But I wouldn't mind to have your kid Gabriel.." She told him teasingly. He froze for a moment while he was putting his pants. Then he put his shirt on and sat down on the edge of bed without a word. She moved to him and sat down on his lap.
She started buttoning his shirt. He was staring at her face.
"Look at us, we would make a perfect couple."
His mouth shivered in small smile. "In different life, maybe."
"You stubborn realist." She shakes her head with the smile.
"And you naive optimist."
"I really wonder which woman will broke your iron heart and finally let emotions in it."
"Well, neither you succeeded." He made amusement smile.
"And you're still surprised why?"
"Not at all." He admitted.
"So, you see." She raised his chin with her hand. "How's your arm?"
"Better, thank you."
"I don't like this wound. It can easily get infected again. You should check it more often."
"I'll try."
"I'm serious. You would be dead without me. You're lucky I'm medic working in army."
"I am." He said honestly.
"You should stop risking your life Gabe." She caressed his cheek.
"Without risking my life I will be moneyless."
"There are plenty different jobs you could do instead."
"There are, but I like this one." He kissed her cheek and stood up.
"Stay here a little longer.."
"I need to go Anna. Tomorrow I need to be back in Oxenfurt and I'm already in hurry."
She stood up from the bed and stepped behind him. "This has never stopped you before.."
He turned to her. "Things have changed."
She narrowed her eyes at him and smiled. "There is someone, isn't it?"
"No, it's not."
"Gabriel, I know when you're lying. You live in Oxenfurt for a year now. You have to met many people already."
"Fine." He rolled his eyes. "I met a witcher's family and I'm living with them almost a three months."
"You're full of surprises."
"Tell me about it." He said sarcastically.
She wrapped her arms around his neck. "Don't go.."
He hugged her. "I have to."
She pulled away from him. "Okay, but have a bath with me first." She started unbuttoning his shirt. "We're both sweaty." She kissed him.
"I can survive it." He told her between kisses.
She looked at him teasingly "But you owe me."
In that moment he raised her into his arms. "Let's make it worth then." He kissed her and left with her to another room.

They were sitting naked in a bathtub opposite to each other.
She was staring at his thoughtful face. "What is? Maybe you're here with me, but your thoughts are somewhere else."
He came back to the mind. "I have a problem I need help with. It's really messing with my mind."
"Then tell me about it." Anna relaxed and leaned to the edge of the bathtub.
"I'm in love with a woman I can never have." Finally he let it out from himself.
She was bit surprised by his answer. She didn't expect to hear this from him at all. "You talk about love, but you have no idea what it is Gabe." She was honest.
"You're right. I don't know anything about it. I lived alone before I met her. Maybe I'll live alone again. But it's fucking torture Anna. It's torture to love her. That all I can do is to dream of her.. If this is not the love then I don't know what is." He stated.
"Only you can compare torturing to loving. But you persuaded me. You're definitely in love." She shake her head with the smile. "But why can't you have her? She's with another man, I assume?"
"Yeah, but that's not the point. The point is I'm in love with her and I..." He sighed. "It's driving me crazy. I'm not in control." he explained.
"You don't trust yourself around her?" she raised her eyebrow.
"I don't trust myself around anyone. I'm bad Anna. I do things. I kill people.. I kill monsters." his eyes got darker.
"Okay, I know you kill monsters because you're the witcher, but why do you kill people then?"
"Because I like it. It's in my nature, it's who I am. But then I want to protect her and she wants me to be a better man, which means I can't be who I am. Do you see the problem I'm having?"
"Well, maybe this is who you are now. Love does that Gabriel. It change us." Anna told him honestly.
"Please stop talking. Kiss me and be my distraction." he leaned over her and kissed her.