Quite an entrance

PHILIPPA'S HOUSE - Oxenfurt

"Can I go with you?" Jaskier said with excitement.
"No." Geralt stated. A week passed since Philippa came to visit them. Geralt fully recovered and Ciri and Gabriel got all the details they needed about Elf's ruins from Yarpen. They were in the dining room and almost ready to go. They were just waiting for Yennefer when she will come back from her lesson on Oxenfurt's university.
"Why not?" Jaskier frowned.
"Because it's you Jaskier and I don't have time for saving your ass." Geralt answered calmly.
"I think you should take him with you Geralt. We can finally get rid of him, we shouldn't pass this opportunity." Lambert smiled and drank his beer while he was sitting to the table.
"Why do you think I wouldn't make it alive from there?" Jaskier was offended.
"Look bard, I'm not that drunk that I wouldn't be thinking clear. Only putting you on the horse's back it's one hundred percent chance that you will fall off and hit just one stone laying on the ground with your head, which in your case means you're dead.." Lambert burped. "And letting you go into old unknown ruins full of monsters.. I can start digging your grave right know." Lambert laughed.
"Thank you for your lovely imagination but I would like to spend here some more years so I can make them miserable for you." Jaskier faked his smile.
"You don't know how to have fun Jaskier.." Lambert was teasing him. Jaskier gave him angry look.
"Oh, and you don't know how.." Geralt interrupted the bard.
"I wonder why you don't want to go with us Lambert?" Geralt changed the topic before Lambert would twisted Jaskier's neck because he would definitely lost his nerves very soon. Everybody lose their nerves with Jaskier.
"Well, somebody needs to take care of this house and your little son who still needs babysitting." Lambert smirked.
"Eskel can do it as well." Geralt added.

"Maybe I decided to help him for once." Lambert faked his smile.
"No, I still don't buy it. I know you wouldn't miss this kind of adventure. You like the danger, that's why I'm confused you wouldn't sign as first.." Geralt looked at him suspicious.
"What a about I have enough of hiding and running? I really don't need to go on another suicide mission where I don't know what to expect. I'm tired of it. Satisfied?" Lambert said strictly. Geralt got surprised. He didn't know that Lambert feel this way.
"I'm sorry. I didn't know about it." Geralt told him honestly.
"I don't need your pity Geralt." Lambert retorted.
"I didn't ask you to be here." Geralt said calmly.
"No, of course you didn't. But if I wouldn't be here you would tell me that I don't care about our family at all, that I'm selfish.." Lambert started to be irritated.
"That's not true, you know that." Geralt looked at him sadly.
"Every time I'm with you Geralt something fucks up.. I don't want to cause more problems." Lambert looked straight to his eyes. Geralt stood up from his chair and came to him.
"You're my brother, every problem of yours is my problem. I'm gonna cover your back even if you would end up in the greatest shit of all. I don't care, I'm gonna always be here for you my brother." Geralt made it clear and offered him his hand to stand up.
"Through thick and thin?" Lambert looked at him unsure.
"Through thick and thin." Geralt nodded and smiled at him. Lambert then grabbed his hand and Geralt helped him to stand up.
"Oh'God.. I hate when you make me emotional, witcher." Lambert said with laughing then wrapped his arms around Geralt and petted his back.
"And I hate when you make scenes for no reason.." Geralt laughed.
"I've learned it from your wife." Lambert was teasing him. They pulled from each other.
"Hey, I'm glad we're good for now, do not make me to take it back." Geralt laughed. He was honest. Suddenly they heard steps.
"I'm here, we can go." Yennefer smiled when she appeared on the doorstep.
"You're just in time." Geralt smiled at her kindly. She then noticed it.
"What did I miss that his whole face is wet from the tears?" Yennefer raised her eyebrows and pointed on the bard with her finger. In that moment Geralt and Lambert looked at him confused. They didn't noticed it at all.
"Not much.. just a little family drama." Jaskier sniffed and tried to smile.