Clues

SOMEWHERE IN NOVIGRAD - Redania

"Are you gonna avoid me for the rest of your life?" Geralt told her when he appeared behind her back. She stopped walking and slowly turned to him.
"You did it on purpose. Admit it." she split it to his face.
"Yeah, because I knew who hired you.. obviously.." he said sarcastically.
"Do you think it's funny?" her face was serious.
"Well, I'm not laughing, so.." he was trying to be calm.
"You always have to be at the right place at the right time.. Don't you?" she laughed ironically.
"What?" he didn't understand.
"Why this don't surprise me at all.." she shaked her head.
"I think you're overacting right now." he stated.
"Overacting? You don't get it right? If I would throw you through out the door you will come back through the window.. because that's who you are. You always have to save everyone.." Yennefer said without emotions.
"Still better than leave and never come back." he looked straight to her eyes. The blow was clear. Geralt knew it. She knew it. It's easier to leave than face something where she is losing control. He somehow knew her and she couldn't understand how. She started feeling uncomfortable but she won't let him play with her feelings.
"I warned you witcher and I won't do it again. Do not play with me because you will lose and very badly. You will wish to never meet me again." she was threatening to him.
"I can live with that." he said confidently. But he quickly understood he put oil into fire.
"Who do the hell you think you are?!" her eyes were full of anger.
"A witcher." he answered without hesitation.
"Gosh.. Have you ever not take everything literally?" she rolled her eyes.
"You asked a question, I answered." he explained. She frowned.
"I don't really have my mind ready on your bullshits.. Can we do it another time?" she sighed.
"And let you disappear to another town?" he raised his eyebrow and crossed his arms.
"I won't disappear to another town.. OK. I will disappear to another town. But you have to understand it's not because of you.." she said calmly.
"Not because of me?" he was staring at her face.
"For fuck sake.. Just leave me alone.." she took a deep breath. She was so mad at him. She wanted some space to think but at the same time she wanted to slap him. He upset her again but still that was something about him. Something which was making him special.
"Yen, we should talk about it." he suggested. He was trying to get her back.
"Talk about what? That you betrayed me?" Yennefer raised her eyebrow. She was strict. "You know If I killed everybody who betrayed me there would be nobody left.." she smiled sarcastically.
"I did not betray you. Betrayal looks very differently." Geralt was defending himself. Her eyes changed.
"What the hell you were thinking? That you will save me with your kind words?" she started to be irritated.
"Why are you making this so difficult? Why is hard for you to understand that I did it for you?" Geralt was trying to be calm. He knew he can't let her provoke him.
"Oh, please.. Do not play a hero again.. because I have enough of it.." she smirked. "But before I will leave because you're clearly not able to do it, I wanna be sure in one thing.. Tell me, are you with me or against me?" her face was serious. Those words surprised him.
"Of course I am with you." he answered honestly. This situation was getting harder than he expected.
"Oh really? Because it didn't seem to me.. You fooled me!" she raised her voice. She was angry.
"I was only trying to protect you." he was trying to calm her down.
"Fuck! I don't need your protection! I don't need anybody.. neither you. I can take care of myself!" she started yelling.
"Everybody needs somebody.. Somebody who gonna remind you that you're not alone." he said honestly.
"But I am not somebody!" she yelled at him.
"Why are you keep yelling on me?" Geralt looked at her confused.
"Because everybody always lets me down!" she said full of emotions. She started to be vulnerable. Geralt frozed.
"I..." he didn't know what to say. He was so shocked. She's never told him this.
"I'm really tired of it.. being someone's puppet.." she sighed. Geralt was speechless. She looked straight into his eyes.
"They look at me and at that moment I know what they want.. It's always the same. First everyone wants to sleep with me and no matter if they succeed or not, then they betray me or use me.. I thought you might be different than the rest but I guess you're all the same.." Yennefer looked at him disappointed.
Geralt saw it. He saw how she was suffering because of this. She never shows her real emotions to anyone but sometimes she isn't able to hide them anymore. Sometimes her own feelings fail her. He wanted to comfort her, but if he would touch her right now he would definitely just end up with the scars on his face. He decided to not do anything, just talk.
"I'm not the same as them, I've never was. I've never wanted to use you and I would never hurt you, you can let go all your worries.. I was only trying to protect you." he was totally honest with her. He came closer to her. She felt it. She knew that he was speaking the truth but she was fighting with it. He was still a stranger for her and it meant that he was dangerous even if her feelings was telling her otherwise. She couldn't let her heart win, not now. She had to be sure. Then she put her confident look again.