Denial

PHILIPPA'S HOUSE - Oxenfurt

Geralt was laying in the bed under a blanket. Yennefer was sitting on the chair next to him and holding his hand. His whole face was sweating. The witch's words were rolling inside his head and he couldn't stop it. That witch really messed with his mind.
"Geralt talk to me." Yennefer told him worried. Ciri was watching everything. She was standing over the wall with crossed arms. Geralt looked at Yennefer and tried to say something but something stopped him. It was the guilt. He's always felt guilt inside him for every wrong choice he has ever made. He's never really deal with it but he just managed to suppress it. He's learnt to not to think about it and live in the presence, not in the past. But right know his guilt was stronger. Like someone put the oil into fire and he started literally boiling. Yennefer put her hand on his cheek.
"Look, no matter what she told you, you're better than this. What she told you doesn't define you. It will never define you. That's not who you really are Geralt." she caressed his face.
"But what if I am like this?" Geralt told her unsure. "What if I do more damage to people I love than good? What if I'm really that monster which I was once scared I would become after all?" he said sadly. Yennefer shaked her head and then looked straight into his eyes.
"We've been there Geralt. We've questioned everything about us, our personality, our lives, if it's worth to living, if our existence makes any sense.. and at the end we only survived because we know who we really are. We love each other because of this. I love you because of your heart witcher, not because of good or bad choices you've ever made in your life. I love the person you've became. I love your pure love inside you, your enthusiasm, your horrible humour.. I love that you always knows what to say. I love the man who would die in second just to save his family. This is the witcher I love and that witcher it's you, it always will be you." Yennefer smiled at him. Geralt's eyes gets warmer in that moment. He's never thought that it's possible to love that woman in front of him even more. But he loved her more with every breath he takes. Every day. Every minute. Every second. He will love her more and more, for the rest of his life.

"It's all true Geralt. I've never met more honorable man than you." Ciri said honestly. "Or a better swordsman.." she winked at him. Geralt turned to her but before he could say something to her she was already there next to him and hugged him tightly. Geralt wrapped his arms around her.
"Thank you." he told her honestly. Ciri pulled away from him after couple of seconds.
"Do not ever doubt yourself like this again. Please. You're really the last person on this Continent who should do this." Ciri smiled at him.
"What would I do without my two beautiful ladies?" Geralt started smiling more. He was also feeling better. The guilt inside him started slowly fading. He started believe in himself again. They showed him the truth about himself. The truth which he forgot. The truth who he really was. Even the darkness dark can't beat the pure love and he knew it very well. He just needed a little reminder.
"You would definitely be lost." Yennefer said with laughing.
"Just a little." Geralt laughed too. He leaned to her and kissed her properly. Yennefer returned the passionate kiss and giggled into his mouth.
"Ahm.." Ciri cleared her throat. "Let me at least leave the room before.. well, you know.." she said with an awkward tone. They slowly pulled away from each other.

"Sorry. We got carry away.." Geralt said a bit embarrassed. Yennefer just smiled. Geralt then cleared his throat.
"I.. there is something what I didn't tell you. I think that witch told me something about the future too.. I guess." the witcher hesitated. Ciri raised her eyebrows
"It's okay. You can tell us." Yennefer supported him.
"Firstly she told me to be careful of the lost man with no soul which seek meaning of life.." Geralt said thoughtfully. He remembered all the words. He still couldn't get them from his head. They all started thinking then Yennefer spoke as first.
"She could be talking about Rience.. it would make perfect sense. That man is no longer human. He lost his humanity long ages ago. Witch can be right about this, he really doesn't have any soul.." Yennefer said honestly.
"But why would he been trying to find meaning of life?" This doesn't suit Rience at all." Ciri said with doubts.
"Maybe he met a saint or something who told him to do at least one right thing in his life.. but I highly doubt that." Yennefer stated.
"I think maybe we solved the first riddle, but there is another one." Geralt admitted. He hesitated again. Those words were really messing with him the most. He didn't understand meaning of that words at all and it was making him crazy. Ciri and Yennefer weren't pushing him. They knew he needed time to process everything. He was grateful for that.
"All right then.." Geralt sighed. "When the right time will come.. you'll create a life.." he said a little bit scared. Ciri started thinking but Yennefer's face froze in that moment. After couple of seconds Ciri interrupted the long quiet in the room.
"Even if I don't want to believe it I think it could be about Gabriel.. He must be living a really shit life if he's telling the truth. And maybe you're two can give him a new life.. which also means like create a life." Ciri explained. Yennefer's eyes found Geralt's. He also seemed like he doesn't know what to say about it. They both were aware that those words could mean lot of things but Ciri's theory was at leas the most probable.
"Maybe you're right Ciri." Geralt looked at her.
"I guess we have to just wait if we wanna find out the truth about all those words." Ciri laughed a bit. She tried to lower the growing tension in the room. She felt it. Those last words really messed with Geralt but also with Yennefer.
"Ciri, can you please bring Gabriel here? I need to tell him something." Geralt tried to say it calmly but his heart was still beating so fast. Ciri got surprised. Not that Geralt changed this topic so quickly but that he wanted to bring here the most unimportant person for her, right after a serious debate which they had only a couple of seconds later. She really didn't understand Geralt's mind sometimes.
"Yes, I can." Ciri nodded. She couldn't protest even if she wanted so badly. She stood up from the bed and left from the room.