C H A P T E R 12

When we all finished eating we started leaving the great hall and so did mostly everyone, me and Fred were the last ones to leave the great hall when I felt someone holding me by my wrist, I turned around and my eyes fell on his grey eyes and I immediately knew who I was looking at.

"Can I talk to you? Please?" I heard Draco saying very quietly. Fred turned around and pushed me closer to him. " I-I guess you can.." I replied and turned back to face Fred, I nodded at him and he let me go. Me and Draco sat in the staircase as I waited for him to start.

"So..I-I'm really sorry Anna.." he said calmly.
"Yeah it doesn't matter anymore" I said looking down, he suddenly moved his hands to my jaw and rubbed my cheek with his thumb, "but it does..you deserve better and.." he said taking a deep breath, "and just know that..you made me feel a way that no one ever will, you were there for me when people weren't..and I treated you like shit.." he said a tear falling down his cheek. God, I've never seen Draco cry..maybe he means it after all, but that didn't matter! I was with Fred now and I was happy..
"Draco..I get it but why did you do it?" I asked wiping his tear away.
"Well..that day my father had a really big argument with my mother and as his anger took over him he- he slapped my mother..and I was so mad at him that I didn't really think about what I was doing.." he said as more years started rolling down his cheeks..
oh my god..I couldn't even imagine how he must've felt..maybe he didn't have a right to cheat on me because of it but..if I was in his place not even I know what I wouldn't do.. I though and got lost in my thoughts.
"Oh my god..Draco,I'm so sorry I didn't know.." I said sadly.
"You're not the one who should apologize Anna, you didn't know and in the end of the day I had no right to cheat on you because of my problems.." he said looking down.
"Draco, I understand..and If you ever want to talk to someone, I'm here. No matter what happened in the past I'll always be here for you." I said and pulled him in a hug.
"Friends?" I asked.
"Friends." I answered smiling.

Well, I was happy this ended in the best way possible, thought I can't even imagine what Draco must have felt like..watching his father abuse his own wife, that must have sucked..

"Anna?" a familiar voice called me and I immediately knew who it was.
Fred came and sat next to me," so how did it go ?" Fred asked worried.
"Well.. it went pretty good we're friends now and he told me the reason he did it.." I replied.
"Why did he do it?" He asked.
I hesitated for a second but I started explaining  everything to him.

We had been sitting in that same exact spot for hours now and it was dark outside, we got up and went Fred's dorm.

When we arrived I opened Fred's closet and I went through all his clothes and I started throwing some of them out. I chose a pair of grey sweatpants and a black hoodie and I wore them, I then laid on Fred's bed and waited for Fred to get out of the bathroom.

When he finally did I was half asleep already, he came under the bed sheets and he cuddled with me, he laid his head in my chest and I played with his hair a little but sleep took over both of us quickly.