Chapter 9

"Go away!" She heard someone yell followed by a loud thud, the preteen look up from her book to see the people stop what they're doing and staring at the commotion. Their faces filled with fear and hate as they stared at a certain young boy on the ground with spikey blonde hair and blue eyes, his most notable trait where his three whisker marks on his cheeks. She at times saw him vandalizing the Hokage monument and even the stores as pranks.

After training, she decided to take a stroll around the village with a good medical book in her hand. It has been a while since she had done this, walking the streets of Konoha with her nose stuck in a book. The last time she had taken a stroll like this was during her academy days but even then was rare due to the training she was receiving.

"What's the big idea?!" The boy yelled. Curious, Sunako closed her book and decided to go closer to what the commotion is all about. Her onyx eyes observing the vendor staring at the young boy with hate in his eyes. She would often hear whispers about the young blonde boy whenever he was passing by. The preteen wondered why they would treat him such a thing when the only harmful thing he does is pulling pranks, but it didn't take her long to figure out that this boy was the holder of the Kyuubi.

"What are you doing here?! You plague!" The vendor yelled.

"What? I was only... I was only looking at the masks." The boy reasoned. The crowd that gathered around started to whisper among themselves but Sunako block those whispers out and continue to observe the young boy. Sympathy blooming inside of her for the young boy as anger started bubbling towards the villagers, he doesn't deserve this treatment, he didn't even know of what's inside of him or that he's a jinchuriki and yet these people turn their hate to him.

The vendor then grabbed the mask that the boy was looking at and throw it at him. "You want this?!" The mask was about to land on the boy's head when Sunako decided to step in and grab the mask with one hand. She stood between the young boy and the vendor.

The young boy looked at her in shock, no one has ever stepped in for him in all his childhood and yet a girl with long, raven black hair stood before him, her back facing him. "Please refrain yourself from hitting on a young boy." The preteen said, a frown evident on her face, looking at the vendor fiercely.

The vendor was surprised at first before reverting to anger. "What's the problem with you? If you're an accomplice of that freak, then pay the damn mask!" He said angrily.

Sunako glanced behind to look at the young boy who in turn glanced down, not meeting her gaze, expecting for the worse. "All right then, I'll purchase the mask." The preteen said, going through her pocket with her other hand. "Would this be enough?" She asked before throwing some bills and coins at the vendor's face.

The vendor looked in shock as the money flew. Taking this as a distraction she then grabbed the young boy's hand and ran away from the crowd who was surprised at the notion. Seeing the two ran away, the vendor tried to reach them and yelled, "Hey, you come back!"

"I'd pick it up if I were you! There's a rather large crowd here and the wind is strong!" Sunako yelled back, a smirk making its way on her lips as they ran from the busy streets to a remote park. She inwardly hoped that none of her family finds out about this.

While the young boy, looked up at her as they ran. Seeing her up close as the sun shone on her along with the Konoha headband she wore, he could see that the girl holding his hand is really cute!
———————————————————————————————————————

The two now stood underneath the shade of a tree to rest after all that running. The young boy panted, his hands on his knees while Sunako was leaning against the tree as she stared at the boy, not the least bit tired.