Chapter 15

"Is this real? Ymir is a Titan, too?" Conny uttered in disbelief as he, Reiner, Bertholdt, and Krista stared down in shock. Their eyes staring at the small Titan, fighting off the incoming Titans from coming to the Tower.

Hours earlier, they were all resting in Utgard castle with Mike's squad after going around the wall in search of the said breach in the Wall, only to find none. They never expected the Titans to become active at night, as well as another Titan that is covered with fur.

The rest of Mike's squad have tried to fight off the Titans, but they were overwhelmed by the number of Titans coming their way which led to their gruesome death, leaving the Cadets defenseless, with no gear whatsoever.

Just as all hope is lost, Ymir steps in, revealing that she is also Titan Shifter by transforming into a small size Titan with a ferocious, powerful set of jaws and claws.

"Ymir..." Krista uttered softly.

"Th-That Titan is..." both Reiner and Bertholdt appeared to be traumatized when they saw Ymir's Titan form, recalling a time where another boy's life came to an end by the jaws of a Titan.

"...from that day..." Bertholdt finished, their eyes watching Ymir in horror. Ymir's Titan climbed along the side of the tower before jumping off, slashing a Titan with her powerful claws and springing back to the wall of the tower to evade another Titan's arms from catching it before pushing herself off from the building and tear the Titan's nape.

She then flipped backward and slash another Titan's eyes, blinding it with her feet. Noticing a Titan coming at her, she was able to evade it, making the Titan ran straight to the Tower, making the building wobble at the sudden impact.

The boys stumbled a bit, however, Krista almost fell off from the Tower if it weren't for a hand snapping forward and grabbed her ankle. Relieved, Krista looked back to see Reiner was the one who caught her, but there was a dark expression on his face.

"Th-Thanks, Reiner." She said softly before she started to whimper in pain when Reiner had tightened his grip on her ankle. "Ow, it hurts! Reiner, my leg!"

Conny grabbed Krista by the shoulders to prevent her from falling before glancing back at the blonde, muscular boy as the girl struggled under his grip on her leg. "Reiner! That's enough! Let her leg go! Her leg! Hey!" Conny yelled.

Fortunately, Reiner snapped out of his daze, looking at his hand in shock as Krista landed her safely on the floor. "S-Sorry." He immediately apologized.

Krista shook her head with a small smile of reassurance on her face. "No, you saved me."

"Krista... Did you know?" Reiner questioned her, the three males looking at her while at the base of the Tower, the Titans clawed frantically as if trying to reach Ymir's Titan who was hanging at the wall of the Tower, out of their reach. "That Ymir is a Titan?"

Krista glanced at the bottom, her brows furrowed whilst looking down to where Ymir is. "I had no idea." She replied, recalling the times she's spent with her friend. "I was always so close to her, too. How? How could this be?"

Ymir then leaped from Titan to Titan, crimson blood splattered by her claws before returning to the Tower, out of the Titans reach, and roared ferociously.

"In other words, she knew some of the secrets of our world. And I never suspected a thing." Reiner said.

Conny glanced back at his friends, anxiousness coursing through his body. "Hey... Do you think she's known about it? Eren's a Titans, too, but he didn't know until it happened. But Ymir is like... she is aware of being a Titan all along." He said.